Chapter 8 | Sans

(Claire's point of view)
"Follow me." Sans said.
I followed like expected. Sans lead me around town to his house. While we were walking, I decided I would make smalltalk.
"Sans, where there any other humans that fell down here? If so, what happened to them?"
Sans looked at the ground. "Yes. Many humans have fallen down. However, they all died. Every human who falls down here must die. Or, at least that's everyone else's view of it. However, I want you to stay alive. I don't want them to take your life. You know, you're not like the other humans. You're nicer than they were. The other humans tried to kill us all."
I wasn't happy to hear that. "Sorry to hear that. Everyone's still okay, right?"
Sans nodded. "Yep. It's been four years since the last human fell down. They.... Tried to kill Papyrus. It's why he's so obsessed with capturing humans."
"What?! Why?" I asked in utter shock.
Sans looked at me for a second. "You see, Papyrus had trapped THEM in our garage, too. They tried to kill Papyrus as an act of revenge. I had to save him. I attacked them to defend Papyrus, but I killed them by mistake. That's why I wanted to do better for you. To this day, I'm still guilty about it, but the day it happened, I vowed I would never cause harm to another human, even if the entire underground depends on it (which it does, by the way)."
I smiled, but then frowned. "Why does the entire underground want me dead again?" I asked.
"I...... I don't know how to tell you that without scaring you out of your wits." Sans said. "You see, we only need one more human soul to shatter the barrier forever and finally leave this place. But as I've told you before, it doesn't appeal to me, I don't want any part in it, and I don't want anyone to kill you. If they did, I would miss you like crazy, and I'd be forced to leave the only home I've ever known."
Sans sure knows what he's doing. "Wow. That's a lot to take in." I said. "Oh, and Sans, I've been meaning to say that I'm glad you're looking out for me like this."
He faced me and winked. "No problem. It's my duty."

(Time skip)

Within a matter of time, we reached Sans and Papyrus's house. It looked like a little cabin. There was a lot of snow on the roof. There was a small Christmas wreath on the door.
"We're here!" Sans said. "What do you think?"
"It looks nice. I like it."
"Then you'll like the inside!" Sans said, opening the door for me.
When we got inside, it was the warmest I had been in days. The house had neat wallpaper, and it was quite cozy looking, despite how small it was. We were in the living room at the time, and there was a kitchen to the side, and a staircase that lead to Sans and Papyrus's bedrooms. In the living room was a large flat screen television and a couch.
Sans walked to the couch and sat down. He looked into my eyes. "Do you wanna watch Stranger Things?" He asked me.
I love that show. I couldn't say no to that opportunity. "Yeah! I'd love that!"
Sans smiled and turned on the TV. I sat next to him and watched as he scrolled through his playlist and selected season 2 episode 2: Trick Or Treat, Freak.
(I just have to say, it's been so long since I watched Stranger Things. I'm so disappointed in myself.)
We watched Stranger Things all night. We had a great time.
And then, well, I fell asleep on the couch.

I had another dream that night.

In my dream, I was in a dark landscape with very few natural features. I was on a flat plane, completely oblivious of what was happening. I didn't know where I was, or what to do, or if I was alone or not.
And I wasn't.
There was a flower in the distance, it's golden petals wiggling cheerfully.
"Heeheehee.. You really haven't learned anything.. You don't have any hatred for anyone down here but me! And that's only because of the advice I gave you!"

"JUST WITHER AWAY, YOU DEMONIC PLANT! You don't belong in this world!" I yelled at Flowey.
"Don't pretend you can scare me, sweetheart. You might think I'm just a despicable being that doesn't exist in this world, but I AM THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD'S FUTURE! I CONTROL IT!!!"
Did he just call me sweetheart?!
"Look, you might think this is a dream, but I am very aware of what's happening. (Sigh...) I'll let you go this time. But just remember this: YOU REALLY ARE AN IDIOT!!!"
Flowey disappeared into the ground again, and my dream ended.
That flower is getting stomped one of these days.

Happy late Halloween! XD