15. Proper Christmas Dinner.

Start from the beginning

Annie opened the door, leading Luke into the room as she gestured that he could put his coat on the radiator. The session went pretty normally for the two, Luke had told her all about his development and she was beyond happy for him, so proud that he made the decision to try again.

"So, what are you doing for Christmas?" He asked, sipping from his water which Annie kindly got for him.

"Uh, Nothing, probably order Chinese, watch the Grinch maybe. You?" Annie didn't see anyone for Christmas, she didn't want to and she didn't really have anyone to visit anymore anyway.

"Staying home, my brothers suddenly got a girl friend who he's spending it with. So-um-where about do you live?" It was a very peculiar question but Luke didn't think it was too unreasonable.

"I don't think it'd be appropriate for me to tell you." Annie answered, raising an eyebrow as he raised a finger in defence.

"Technically it wasn't appropriate when we kissed... and besides, you've been to my house, it's only fair I have a small idea of where you go after all this." He pointed out, giving a pretty valid argument that Annie couldn't argue with. Her cheeks had embarrassingly tinged pink, she thought they had moved passed the whole kissing thing.

"Fine," She huffed, telling him her whereabouts to which he stated he was familiar with the side of the city, not that it was too far away. He could actually picture where she lived, it was a nice house, which surprised Luke slightly, he thought she might be living in an apartment like himself but he guessed being a therapist was better pay than he originally thought.

"I'm afraid that's all the time we have today Luke," Annie stated, pointing to the clock which indeed indicated it was time for him to go. "Have a lovely Christmas and keep this positive head on you, it's wonderful." She smiled, handing him his coat and watching as his face creased up in delight from the compliment.

Before Annie could make any other movements, Luke wrapped his arms around her body and hugged her close, his face buried into her hair as he squeezed her. She was beyond shocked, her hands stiff at her sides as her eyes grew wide. When she realised Luke wasn't pulling away any moment soon she hesitantly placed her hands on his back, closing her eyes and feeling his breath tickle the skin of her neck.

"Thank you for being so amazing and helping me, it really is working," he breathed, squeezing her a little tighter. He started to pull away but not before planting a quick kiss to her cheek, whispering, "Have a merry Christmas."

Annie rolled her eyes, shoving him out the room slightly as she bit on her bottom lip grinning as she could feel her heart beating beneath her skin, feeling so alive again. He had an equally large grin, shaking his head before waving a quick goodbye and leaving, practically skipping home.

-

He didn't know what he was doing, standing outside Annie's house in below freezing weather with a neatly wrapped gift in his hands. He should just go home, spend Christmas alone like what he had originally planned.

The snow was sinking through his clothes and onto his skin, immediately causing his hand to raise and knock on the dark blue door. He heard a dog bark and he couldn't quite remember what Annie said her dog was called, Mo?

The door opened just a slither, a singular pretty brown eye leading round the corner before the door closed again, the chain being unlocked before the door swung open once more.