Chapter 1

Authors Note: This is my first teen fiction that doesn't involve One Direction at all. So I still hope that you'll give this story a chance and continue on with reading! Thank you too prxncesses for making the awesome trailer!

---------------------------------------------------

Tick tock, tick tock. That was literally all I was hearing other than pencils tapping against the desk and Brandon Rivera smacking his gum every five seconds. I was about to break my pencil in half because of him, I swear he doesn't realize how annoying that is! It made me just want to walk over there and take it out of his mouth and throw it away in the trash can. Yet, I couldn't do that. Not unless I wanted to get picked on by his friends. I sighed and ran my fingers through my long brown hair. Brandon practically ran this school. He was the football jock of the century and everyone counted on him to win this year's biggest game. The one thing I could care less about. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal about football is? Again that's just my opinion considering I didn't really understand the rules of it to begin with.

Anyway, it was the last five minutes of class then we could all leave to go home. Only the time just seemed to tick by ever so slowly. All I wanted to do was go home, finish my homework, and be on my laptop where I actually had friends to go back too. My parents never understood why I was on the computer so much but being behind the screen was so much easier than talking to people right in front of you. People judge you for every little thing that you do. Sure, that still happens over the internet as well but it's harder to tell if their judging you are not when you can't see their face; unless they respond back to you in a rude way. That's when you know that you're not exactly wanted around their territory. Trust me, I've learned that.

The one website I've learned to stay away from is: Facebook. I never even bothered to make an account for it because I didn't want to keep up with anyone at my school. None of them liked me so why should I befriend them on a site to where they could bug me even more? Plus Facebook only leads to problems such as gossip and a lot of times cyber bullying. These girls at my school are literally the absolute worst on the gossip portion. Riley Springs was the most popular girl in school while Brandon Rivera was the most popular guy in the school. It wasn't even our senior year of high school yet and already Riley had one prom queen since she was asked by an older guy to prom. I didn't understand it. At our school things were different only seniors could go to prom unless you were asked to go by an upper classman which normally didn't happen. But Riley's father was rich and owned about three different diners in town. So of course most of the guys I assume just asked her to the dance because of the fact that she had money. Well, her dad's money for that matter.

Bring! Finally! It's about time that stupid bell rang. I thought I was going to have to sit in there for another twenty minutes doing absolutely nothing. We had a test today and as always I finished before everyone else was done. That's mainly because unlike the other students in my class I actually studied the whole week. Rather than cram it in at the last second. Yes, I already know this I'm a nerd for actually wanting good grades. Go figure. The typically labeling of high school students, just because you want good grades and don't go to high school parties, you're automatically claimed as the nerd. But if you love school and you're in those clubs that involve the chess club or the math club, wear glasses, and you always wanting to do homework then that's when you're labeled as the geek here at Bennett High School.

Once I made it to my locker I put in my combination and I grabbed the books out that I needed and placed them into my book bag. Making it even heavier than it was before which I hated that about having so much books to take home. I loved the side of my locker; before school started I had come into the school and decorated it. I put pictures of my favorite pop singer Elijah Jennings and I have to say that my locker just looked more awesome because of him. Elijah or "Eli" as I like to call him has short brown hair and is pretty fit. I'm not sure if he has any tattoos that I can tell but if he does they're hidden from the world and he hasn't mentioned it. Otherwise I would know. After that was finished I picked my book bag off the ground and tossed it around my shoulder. I shut my locker closed and locked it up not really believing that anyone would steal anything that I have in there.

"Look girls at what the cat dragged in on this lovely afternoon." Riley said as she pushed me against my locker. I groaned and looked up at Riley who was about two inches taller than me. She just had to go and ruin a good day with her little group of friends didn't she? The correct answer for this would be yes. Here I thought I was going to be free of her for once in my life.

"What do you want Riley?" I asked her with a glare. I pushed myself off the lockers and placed my book back that had fallen onto the ground back on my arm.

"There's a party this weekend and thought that I should invite you to come along." Riley told me and I looked at her and started laughing at the joke she was trying to pull. Me? Going to a party at her place this weekend? Obviously I wasn't going and this was some kind of prank.

"You can rain on that invitation. I won't be there." I scoffed and didn't even care when my book bag hit her in the shoulder as I swung it around my shoulder. Riley's jaw dropped a bit when that happened and she grabbed onto the strap on my bag and pulled me back.

"You're telling me no?" Riley asked getting into my face a bit more.

"Yes, I'm telling you no. This is some kind of trick I know it. You never invite me to parties. In fact you hate me so this is just a red flag to me that it's a bad idea."

"Suit yourself. But if you change your mind then here's my address." Riley said as she ripped out a piece of paper and placed it into my hand after she wrote down the address. She turned to walk away but just before she did I looked down at the paper and ripped it up throwing the pieces into the trash can before walking away from her.

Finally, I was free from school and that snotty rich girl. I don't know why she was so set on me coming to that party of hers but I had a bad feeling about it. There was no way she wanted to invite me unless she was planning on some way to humiliate me. Normally I'd disagree with other people being accused of doing this to others. I've seen her do this in the past. I once was invited by someone to go to one of Riley's parties. After being there for just thirty minutes she already poured punch onto this girls head and then squirted her with shaving cream so that the girl would stop trying to get closer to Brandon. That's right. Riley and Brandon have been an on again off again thing since the beginning of the school year. Those two are just a never ending rollercoaster that'll end up crashing at the end. Not that rollercoasters actually crash but you get the idea.

At about four in the afternoon I finally made it home. Thank goodness, I didn't want to be anywhere else but here. I spoke to my parents a bit before running up to my room and turning on my laptop. I had to see what was going on in the Elijah Jennings fan site and I couldn't wait to see the new things that have popped up since I had been at school.  I typed in my user name and password to get into the site and then pressed enter once everything was completed.

@elijahofficial has posted a new photo!

I scrolled down the page more to see what the photo was and he had gone fishing that day with his friend and it wasn't a photo of him but it was of Tyler his band mate holding a big fish that he captured with the words he's the fish whisperer under the photo. I laughed a bit at that and liked the photo before clicking out of the fan site for now and getting started on my homework that I needed to get accomplished before tomorrow.