Biz Ness? A Fan?

June 5, 1989

Marshall and me were in the bathroom. He sat on the counter as I put the dye in my hair. "Are you sure you wanna go blonde?" I shrugged and washed my hands. "I mean if I don't like it I could always go back to brown. Or black." I saw his eyes trail to mine and he did an akaward nod. "Um Marshall I was wondering if you could go to the prom with me. Now I know you'll probably say no because it's not really your thing, but ya see I really have no," I rambled on. "Yes." I heard him say, but I couldn't actually wrap my mind around that. "Did you say?..."

"Yes. Yes I'll go to the prom with you. I don't have anything else to do." That kind of hurt, but I just went red all aver and sat on the top of the toilet. "So. How's your album coming together?" I asked randomly to kill the weird vibe going on. "Good right now. But no one really wants to hear a group of ghetto white guys with only one black dude who hangs with us. A couple of kids at school bought one, but that's it. I just wanna be famous Bella. I want people to scream my name over and over until their ears bleed. I want my face on posters and I just wanna spit. That's it. Get my point across."

"What point exactly?" I asked, leaning my head on the wall. "You know how some superstars think once they become famous that they've never had a past? Well I actually wanna live in the past if that makes any sense at all. I want to go back in time with my words and show the world who Marshall Bruce Mathers the third is." I smiled at him and he smiled back. "What about you? What's your dream?" Marshall rubbed his fingers through his hair. "To be honest with you. When I go to sleep at night I don't dream. I just think. I think about what you're dreaming about. Or how you and Kim find ways to make a relationship work even if you two never talk. I just...think."

"Wow. You really are different. No ones ever really 'loved' me ya know? I'm supposed to be a bad guy. The person everyone dislikes. But you...you just love me." I blushed hard and our conversation got interrupted by Kim barging in. "Ronnie wants you two." We both looked at each other and rushed out the door.

~~~~Hip Hop Shop~~~~

Ronnie didn't tell us why we had to come here he just told us to get in the car and not to ask questions. When we pulled up to the Hip Hop Shop I rolled my eyes. I figured he'd bring us here. Everyone here started yelling because no one wanted to battle and Marshall, of course hopped onto the stage. This dude named Biz Ness followed after and I mean they battled. It was really the first time I was so intrigued in a battle like this. Kuniva stayed close to me and Proof was hosting. Ronnie was on the phone with his girl and I was literally bobbing my head to the beat.

"No ones better than Biz Ness, not even vanilla ice, lookey here I think we found his wife!" He pointed at Marshall and playfully laughed at the crowd. I booed him loudly and Marshall bobbed his head, while Bitting on his lip. "Alright look, look, I kill MCs before I even hear the beat drop

I smoke MCs like kush in the sweet spot," Everyone let out an "OOO!!!" He kept on saying his rap and eventually Proof announced M&M as the winner. What made me so proud was when everyone started shouting, "M&M, M&M, M&M!!!" That even boosted Marshall's confidence I think.

"Man that was insane. Insane." Ronnie and Marshall did a handshake. "Yea son. You killed it." Kuniva mentioned. "Thanks y'all we should all go get pizza or something." Marshall said, when Proof came up from behind him and jumped on his back. "That's my boyeee! Man you were tight Doodey. You had the crowd saying, "M&M!" He teased causing me to giggle. "Now what's this I hear about pizza?" He jumped off mickeys back. "Yea we can go to Domino's."

"Sorry M. I need beauty sleep for the prom tomorrow." They all shrugged and jet out the door.

While they were gone I wandered around the shop until this African American girl stopped me. "Are you friends with Marshall?" She asked. Her eyes were a deep brown and so was her braided hair. she was my height and wearing a hoodie and sweats. "Uh yea. Why?" Her eyes got really huge and she held her hand out to me. "I'm Raylen. Marshall comes here all the time and when I heard he and his group dropped an album I had to buy it. You could say I'm a big fan." I shook her hand and introduced myself. "I'm Isabella. But most people call me Bells. And wow my ol pal has a fan?"

"Oh he has a lot. You see that crew over there?" She pointed to a group of people who were all screaming their heads off. "They are all apart of M's underground society. I'm the leader."

"Whoa so it's like a fan club?"

"Basically. There's Me, Cheddar, Tris, Hazel, and dusty. Biz Nees too."

"Wait the dude who battled him is a fan?"

"Oh hell yea! Most of everyone in here is. Ya know he should really have a concert. I'd even help spread the word." I had a good idea in my head right now that I couldn't let go of.