73. Returning To Hell

There's a fog from the past that's giving me, giving me such a headache. -FOB

 -FOB

***

Arden

It was silent as we walked the duration of the silent and vacant path. Hayden said he knew an entrance to the Underworld in Athens however, the journey there was killing me.

I felt suffocated with all the tension in the air. What happened back at Inspire was really...bad. I knew I had to tell Hayden eventually but I didn't want to tell him like that- I don't think it should've played out the way it did.

Since we left the Muses with Armani, Ace, and everyone on their way- Hayden hasn't uttered a word. We've walked a good mile to find the entrance and I was tired of walking, tired of the silence, tired of this damn trip.

Not to mention my fallout with Zane back there. I was so mad at him, it was almost laughable. I tried immensely hard not to think about him, or our argument.

"Are you alright?" I decided to ask. The only three words that have been said in the last 15 minutes.

I slightly shifted my head to look at him beside me however he continued to walk forward, his gaze ahead of him. He still had that dark and dangerous expression on his face.

I looked back ahead of me and sighed quietly. "What do you think, Arden?"

I bit the inside of my cheek and placed myself in front of Hayden so I was blocking his path. He squinted his eyes at me.

"I think you're not alright-" I looked up at him. "So...I want to apologize."

Hayden still didn't say anything. The same dreary look on his freaking face. "I'm sorry." No change, no reaction. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you right away. I know getting the Kai was important to you because you thought it would reunite yourself with Nova. When I found out it was Johanna I immediately thought about how or when I was going to tell you."

Hayden still didn't respond. He kept looking at me simply. "There's a lot going on and I just...didn't know the right time." I gave Hayden a simple yet hopeful look- hoping that he could at least respond to me.

Hayden sighed and shook his head as he looked up. I raised an eyebrow as he clicked his jaw. "Okay." He said gruffly.

Okay? What did that mean? Did he accept my apology?

"Okay..." I repeated him slowly. "Does that mean i'm forgiven?" I smiled when I saw the ever-so-slight lift on Hayden's lips as he looked at the crazy face I gave him.

"Alright, Arden, I forgive you." Hayden nodded. I did a mini-jump inside. Yay. "If I'm being honest, I would've done the same thing if I was in your place- I wouldn't exactly know how to tell you."