72. Assignments

Sometimes there isn't an obvious explanation, why the holiest hearts can feel the strongest palpitations- P!nk

***

Arden

"What do we have to do?" Perri asked.

Urania clasped her hands together. "You guys have to split up." Are you kidding me? What sense does that make?

"I don't get it." Ace shook his head. "If we're all struggling and separated in my visions, why would we want that to actually happen?"

"Well, the fact that Urania cannot see exactly and clearly what happened in those visions- it's best to allow them to come true if predictions," Lia explained.

"I still don't understand." Ali piped up. "Wouldn't we want to prevent those visions from happening? I mean you said there was fire, destruction, and struggle."

"True, but time is a very sensitive thing- even the slightest alteration can affect actions and an entire timeline," Erato told Ali.

"We don't know what could happen if time is altered- things could end up being worse," Callie said.

"So, we have to split up and hope that Ace's specific visions come true?" Nikki asked. Urania nodded.

"What do we have to do?" Harper asked.

"Some of you need to go to the underworld- try and see the connection Johanna had there. See if you can find out how she escaped the underworld." Urania suggested. Her amber eyes scanned us all gravely. "Then, some of you need to find her followers. It's not enough if you only go after the daughter of Hera- she has an army-"

"A big ass army," Camilla grumbled.

"Find the harpies and find the kobalos," Urania told us.

"How do we do that?"

"We can help you," Mel smiled. "We have everything you need to know about the kobalos of Athens. Dáskaloi tis epídrasis petaloúdas."

"Masters of the butterfly effect," Harper repeated.

"Yes, and time also plays a huge role in their 'skills'. They're mischievous and sly- and they can get away with almost anything." Mel continued.

Kobalos and the harpies got on my nerves- I just wasn't sure what exactly they're doing for Johanna. Why did she need so much of them, and how exactly was she going to use them for what she wanted?

"Find the harpies- they're probably confused- a part of them is lost." Callie shook her head, almost in pity.

"They helplessly yearn a leader," Polly added.