10-2 | tigerstar

Ending 2/3

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

You sat in your cozy mossbed in the nursery, watching as your three kits, Shadekit, Moonkit and Oakkit played in the small water patch in front of you. It reminded you that moons ago, this nursery once only belonged to RiverClan. You preferred it much more than the ShadowClan nursery. Shadekit was searching for small shimmers in the sand, hoping that they would be shells or rocks. Oakkit bounded over to his brother curiously.
"Have you found any herbs for Runningnose and Littlecloud?" He asked.
"Herbs?" Shadekit, stared at his brother, confused, "you don't find herbs in water, mouse-brain."
"You might if you try hard enough," Oakkit mewed. Shadekit rolled his eyes and looked back at the water.
"Whatever. Just leave me be. Go and find herbs somewhere else," he groaned. Oakkit's expression was unreadable and he soon bounded away to the other side of the nursery. Moonkit was splashing around in the shallow water with Tawnypaw happily. The small she-cat stumbled on a pebble, water soaking one side of her silver-and-white pelt. Tawnypaw laughed and helped her back up again. Moonkit grinned and kicked some water towards her half-sister, squealing and racing away. You looked up at Tigerstar and smiled. The dark tabby smiled back at you and pressed his nose to yours.
"Mother, father! Tawnypaw's chasing me!" Moonkit squeaked, staggering towards you. She ran into your chest fur and huddled into it. Tawnypaw was padding after her and crouched down to see the small figure in your pelt.
"Aw, come on, Moonkit. I was only joking when I said I'd feed you to the fish," she chuckled. Moonkit pouted and poked her tongue at the tortoiseshell. Her innocent amber eyes gazed up at you.
"Mother, protect me!" She squealed.
"Tawnypaw isn't going to hurt you," you smiled.
"But what about the fishies?" Moonkit asked, worried. "She said that she would let them eat me if she caught me."
"Why would she want to do that?" Tigertstar asked, amusingly. "You're too big for the fish, anyway."
"Oh," Moonkit looked to her father and shuffled out of your fur, turning to Tawnypaw.
"Come on, Moonkit," Tawnypaw mewed, "we can go and listen to the elders tell stories for a while."
"Okay!" Moonkit grinned, bounding towards Tawnypaw. As they started padding out of the nursery together, Moonkit stopped and looked back at Tigerstar. "Actually, Tawnypaw, I wanna listen to father first. He hasn't told me a story in ages."
Moonkit made her way towards the dark tabby and sat in front of him. Tawnypaw smiled and went to see what Shadekit was doing.
"Father," Moonkit mewed, "what's the biggest adventure you've ever gone on?"
Tigerstar's eyes widened. He gazed up at you and smiled warmly.
"The adventure for your mother's heart," he answered, "let me tell you about it."

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

Last updated 15/08/2021