8 | tigerstar's turn

God, y'all have no idea how badly I want to name this chapter 'eye of the tiger'.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

"Good luck, (Y/L/N)," Firestar mewed as you pressed his head into his chest fur,  "remember that he is capable of anything. Be sure to come back in one sweet piece for me."
"For StarClan's sake, you worry too much," you soothed, "I'll be fine. Tigerstar's alright once you get to know him."
Not to mention stunning, bulky and cunning, you purred quietly.
Firestar opened his mouth to protest, but shut it swiftly as you lightly collided your nose with his.
"Goodbye, Firestar," you smiled.
"Farewell, (Y/L/N)," Firestar replied.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

TigerClan territory was still dry and dark. You gazed up and saw that the sun was a fraction above the horizon, gleaming through crisp willow trees and dappling onto the forest floor.

It's really lonely, you thought. I suppose TigerClan must still be sleeping."An intruder!" A venomous voice hissed in the distance. "I smell them! Over here!"

Mouse-dung! You panicked silently. You looked around and perked your ears up, until you could hear a loud shuffling emerging from a clump of bushes nearby. You swiftly ducked to the side and hid behind a large fallen tree trunk, peeking over the side.Suddenly, two paws shot at your shoulders, barreling you over helplessly. You fastened your eyelids together as you stopped rolling on the ground, and thrust your paws at the attacker on top of you."Get off me, you piece of fox-dung!" You spat.
"So, still that little mouse-brain I know, hm? I could kill you in two blows, you know," your opponent purred, stepping off of you.
"Wait, Tigerstar?" You opened one eye and stared up to see the massive dark tabby tom. "Ugh do you have any idea wh-"
"Shut up!" Tigerstar whispered loudly, covering your mouth with one paw. "Unless you want the dawn patrol to rip you to shreds keep that mouth of yours shut."
"I was invited!"
"I know! Just, ugh, be quiet."
An eerie silence filled the air for a moment, until a few fox-lengths away from you, you heard what sounded like an apprentice springing into the clearing. The young cat was followed by two more warriors.
"Dang it!" The apprentice growled. "I could have sworn that I could smell an outsider a hare-length away, Jaggedtooth! Really!"
"Better luck next time, Rowanpaw," one of the warriors grunted, "they may have gone further into the forest, so keep a sharp eye out. Blackclaw, you go towards Sunningrocks. Just check for any scents of that intruder. Rowanpaw, come with me."
The next instant, the scents of the TigerClan warriors had faded into the distance. Tigerstar padded out of the bushes, and as you peered through a few leaves, you could see him signaling with his tail for you to follow him.
"Are they gone?" You ask, slowly and steadily emerging through the shrubs.
"For now," Tigerstar mewed, "but they'll be back from their duties soon. Blackfoot should be organizing another patrol by now, too. I believe that Tawnypaw's mentor, Oakfur, was in the patrol. Tawnypaw could be with him or back at camp. Speaking of which, follow me."
Tigerstar bounded forward into the trees in the distance. You followed him, mixed scents wafting through the damp forest air. Some of the scents were bitter, some foul, and others made you feel drowsy. Suddenly, an unfamiliar sweet scent flooded through your nostrils. You instantly became light-headed, and your body paused, stumbling around in small circles for a long moment until you felt completely helpless. Eventually you forced your paws to stay to the ground and looked around for Tigerstar - but the TigerClan leader was nowhere to be seen.
Oh, I've had it up to here with this guy, you muttered. Stuck in the middle of TigerClan territory with no directions. Again. StarClan, sometimes I wish this forest had street signs.You pointed your nose upwards to try and catch any scent of Tigerstar, but all you could smell was pure sweetness. Gazing around, you only saw the darkness of the shadows of trees and hardly any light was coming through from above you."Hey, you!" A voice whispered loudly from behind. You whipped your head around, and saw two dusky-brown ears poking out of a dry thorn patch. Could it be Tigerstar?
"Me?" You stutter.
"Yes," the voice mewed, "you. Who are you?"
"My name is (Y/L/N)," you reply. "who are you? Are you Tigerstar?"
"Tigerstar?" The voice asked, confused. You suddenly began to realize that this was not the strong groaning you were used to, but a she-cat's voice.
"Oh, sorry. You're a she-cat, aren't you?"
"Yes," suddenly, the sleek figure of a milky and dusky brown cat emerged through the shadows. Her sky-blue eyes were warm and beautiful. "I'm Sasha. May I ask, how do you know Tigerstar?"
"Oh, he sheltered me in his clan. I used to live in an abandoned twolegplace."
"You know about the twolegs?" Sasha asked, interested, "I used to be a kittypet. Do you know what they are?"
"Oh, yes," you nodded, "you once belong to twolegs?"
"Yes, but this isn't the time for idle chit chat. Listen to me, if you know about Tigerstar, he's dangerous. I've heard rumors from ThunderClan cats that he's nothing but a bloodthirsty traitor who attempted to kill many of his clanmates." Sasha paused and looked away. "I actually almost fell for his charms. Almost. Tigerstar and I were so close, until one day, well, very recently, he stopped seeing me. I don't know why, but you have to trust me. He's dangerous. Well, at least I think he is."
"What?" You stammered.
"I, oh, I don't know! We were so close. Ugh, no. He was just so kind to me. (Y/L/N), I don't know what the ThunderClan cats were talking about. He's honestly so kind and caring once you get to know him. Ugh, I'm so sorry. I must be on my way now."
"What? Wait! Sasha!" You called out to the she-cat as she bounded away. "I have so many questions! Sasha! Come back! Ugh, it's hopeless. She's already gone. Maybe I should just go back."
"(Y/L/N)!" Tigerstar's voice unexpectedly called from the side. You turned to see the dark tabby tom bounding towards you from out of the shadows. As he approached you, he pressed his head against your chest fur and rasped his tongue over your forehead. "I was so worried. What were you doing?"
"Oh, sorry, I'm fine, don't worry," you murmured, "I just got lost and couldn't find you."
"Well, it's good I found you," Tigerstar purred, "again. Now, let's get going."

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

After a while of following Tigerstar through TigerClan territory, you approached a wide, open, lush clearing of green grass. In the center of the clearing was a large lake, with the orange and violet reflection of the setting sun spread across the water.
"I would come here every day if I could," Tigerstar sighed, padding up to the lake's edge and sitting beside it. You followed him and sat down beside the muscular tabby.
"Too busy tending to TigerClan?" You asked, smiling. Tigerstar lightly laughed and stood, bounding into the water. He looked back at you and flicked his tail upwards, flicking water into your face.
"Hey!" You snapped. You bolted to your paws and bounced into the shallow lake. Water thrust itself into the air and drenched Tigerstar's pelt. Tigerstar snorted uncomfortably and shook his  fur before leaping at you, barreling you onto the lake floor with one paw on each of your shoulders. The two of you landed together with a loud splash, and took a moment to breathe and laugh.
"It's a shame you don't come down here all the time," you giggled.
"Well," Tigerstar purred, twining his tail with yours, "I'm just glad to be here with you."
Your face immediately flared up when Tigerstar came closer to you, and your body to threw itself back onto four paws. Tigerstar chuckled, and soon stood with you, shaking his soaked body. He began padding up to a patch of reeds on the side of the lake and sat in it. You trotted after him and lay down beside the tabby. The reeds brushed past your pelt as a steady breeze past by. You were completely calm as you rested your head on your paws and watched as the sun hid under the distant clouds. Tigerstar yawned, sliding his legs back and lying on his belly with you. You were so tired, and assumed Tigerstar felt the same, as his eyes fluttered leisurely and his head dropped and rose every now and then.
"You can rest," you purred, "I might get some shut-eye, too. Today was exhausting."
"Heh," Tigerstar laughed, "agreed."
His voice trailed off as his eyes closed and his head finally hung to the side tiredly. You smiled, yawning, before your sight, too, gave in and soon faded to a peaceful black.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

Last updated 07/08/2021