6 | so it's settled

Ok, ok, being honest, I REALLY didn't like this chapter, or at least the original version.
I actually really appreciate all of the comments that pointed out that (Y/L/N) is not an item, because for whatever reason that was something younger me forgot when she was writing this. Viewing it from a reader's perspective just kinda made me feel a bit used idk.
But anyway, I've edited it just a small bit to suit my liking and hopefully yours :)

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

"Hey! Stop it, you mouse-brains!" You beg.
Firestar and Tigerstar, however, continued to battle while hurling insults at one another. Eventually, Tigerstar managed to pin Firestar to the ground. The massive tabby's claws were driven into Firestar's arms as blood began to seep out. Their faces were flea-steps away from each other's.
"Looks like we're here again," Tigerstar snarled.
"I will defend (Y/L/N) from you at all costs!" Firestar spat. "Leave her alone!"
"I wouldn't dare harm dear (Y/L/N). But, oh, how very foolish it is of you to think she belongs to you. (Y/L/N) is mine. Now, prepare to meet StarClan."
"Tigerstar! Firestar! Stop!" At that moment, you barreled into Tigerstar, successfully catching him off-guard and knocking him off of Firestar. You and Tigerstar rolled onto the hard earth. You stood, coughing dirt and grass from your lungs.
"(Y/L/N)! Are you okay?" Firestar leaped to his paws and bolted over to you.
"I don't need your help." You muttered, standing.
"Get away from her!" A voice hissed. You turned and saw that Tigerstar, too, had stood and was shouldering his way towards Firestar. The ginger tom thrust himself into a threatening stance, panting and growling.
"Oh, for StarClan's sake, stop it!" You exclaimed, loud enough for an owl moorlands away to awaken. Firestar and Tigerstar flinched. You slashed hard glares at the both of them as they fell silent, their muscles still tensing. "What's this all about?"
"He wants to take you from me," Tigerstar grumbled, staring at Firestar. "I heard it all."
"Oh, so you're admitting you trespassed onto ThunderClan territory?" Firestar retorted. "Real mature, ever-so-mighty TigerClan leader."
"Shut it, fox-dung!" Tigerstar snapped.
"Shut up!" You groaned, looking across at Tigerstar. "Tell me what got you into this."
Tigerstar opened his mouth, struggling to start and beginning to shuffle his paws. Tigerstar sheathed and unsheathed his claws furiously, then whipped his head back up to face you. "Because I love you! It's so obvious, (Y/L/N)! From the instant Tawnypaw brought you into TigerClan, I was falling for you like crazy! I didn't want to tell you - it was wrong. I knew you knew it was wrong. But now, I'm not afraid. Now that this piece of fox-dung's shown up."
Firestar scowled. You watched as the two leaders strode their way closer towards each other until their eyes were almost driven into each others. You had to do something about this nonsense.
"Stop!" You ordered. "I am not anyone's! I am not an object, so don't any of you even dare treat me like one. If I hear another 'she's mine' I'll tear the nearest cat's throat out. However," you calmly stepped in between the cats and sharply inhaled, "I see what needs to happen to resolve what's going on here."
Firestar and Tigerstar took one moment to curse at each other, then gazed across at you.
"Go ahead," Tigerstar mewed.
"I will spend a day with each of you in your clans," you began, "take me anywhere you want with any other cat in your clan. We'll meet at Fourtrees after two days have passed, I guess. I need to clear my head - I can't pick between the two of you. Not yet. Not until those two days are up."
Firestar and Tigerstar looked at you for a long moment, then turned to each other and nodded.
"Alright," they agreed together.
"Good," you smiled sarcastically, "I'll spend the first day with Firestar and will be sure to make my way to TigerClan when I've spent the time I need in ThunderClan."
"Saving the best until last?" Tigerstar purred. Firestar frowned and pawed Tigerstar's head.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

I hope some of y'all enjoyed the updated version (despite the fact I didn't put much effort into it)!

Last updated 07/08/2021