{14} FEELINGS? NEVER HEARD OF THOSE {14}

Start from the beginning

I almost spit out my cookie. "What?! How - huh? What makes you say that?"

"Mother's intuition. Kind of similar to how you know whenever Annabeth is uncomfortable or angry."

I blushed furiously. "No way. I couldn't like her. I-I can't."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 4-28-18

On Saturday morning, my mom asked me if I wanted to invite the Chases over for dinner Sunday night. I readily agreed, not even thinking about the cons of the situation.

I quickly called Annabeth. As always, she requested to FaceTime.

"Yo," she said.

"Hey," I said back. I was smiling like a weirdo, either freaking her out or making her aware that I had news.

"What's up?" she asked.

"What are you guys up to tomorrow? Like, around five?"

"Um, not much. Dad will be working from home, as always, Helen will probably be cooking, Malcolm being the pain he is - "

I chuckled.

" - and the twins will be causing a ruckus. But nothing out of the usual. Why?"

"My mom wants to invite you guys over. She wants to talk with your parents, I think. Mom is making lasagna, I'm pretty sure, with salad and garlic bread."

Annabeth nodded. "Sounds good. Give me a second, I'll go check with my parents."

I nodded.

Annabeth set her phone on her bed and rushed away.

I blushed, finally comprehending my best friend's appearance. Her hair had been in a high pony tail, which was very flattering on her (although I think I prefer her hair au naturale). She was only wearing sports attire: a black Nike sports bra and athletic leggings, which I saw when she was walking away. She must have either been preparing to go on a run or just gotten back from one.

I suddenly recalled what my mother had been talking about the night before. Did I have feelings for Annabeth? I knew I could be oblivious at times, but surely not that oblivious, I hoped. I mean, I knew that Annabeth was everything I could want in a girl. She was smart, kind, beautiful, and easy to talk with. But we had been friends forever, and I hated change. Bad things almost always came with change.

Maybe I liked Annabeth.

Just a little bit though, I assured myself. It's no big deal.

I was just about to delve into deeper thoughts when Annabeth entered her room.

"Helen said, and I quote, 'Why not? Sally isn't awful.'"

I laughed and glanced down, suddenly self conscious with my own attire. I was wearing black sweatpants, which Annabeth couldn't see, and no top. I scanned my bed and spotted my favorite hoodie, so I pulled it on.

"This will be good for my mom. She needs something like this. She's been working herself to death with this most recent publisher. I guess he's one of the best ones in New York."

Annabeth smiled. "It's great that she's been so successful to this point. It's pretty rare, to be honest."

I smirked. "I've always known Mom is special."

She giggled. "I've got to get going. I'm meeting Luke for a run in ten minutes. I don't want to be late."

I pursed my lips. "Anyone else?"

She sighed and shook her head. "It'll be fine, Perce. I'll text you if I need anything."

"Alright. Be safe."

"Bye, Seaweed Brain."

"Bye, Wise Girl."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not one hundred percent sure on this chapter. Do you guys like it? You are getting an inside scoop of Percy's feelings for everybody, which is good.

Hopefully if you don't like Calypso, you liked this chapter. Lots of Percabeth!

I really hope you enjoyed! Leave a vote to show your support, and comment your favorite Italian food! I like lasagna. Also, comment any ideas you have, and what you would like to see in this story! I'll take them into consideration!

See you soon!