Chaper 19: "She lived a lie for so long and now she is living her truth."

"So, mum said your a keeper." Ashton said wrapping his arm around me as I shivered in the chilly autumn brezze.

"Mum said you are just what I needed." I said nuzzling my face into the crock of his neck.

It's the weekend now. It has been such a long and amazing week. Ashton and I are sat just chatting at the top of the hill again. It defonetily seems to be our place. It is beutiful up here. I think its where we both feel free the most. You can here the birds chirping and if you listen close enough you can almost hear the cars and mumer of chatter coming up from the town. I wonder if they can jear us like we can hear them.

"Me too. You seem so much more happy and relaxed. Even the guys have seen it." he said sounding proud.

I inhaled his sent, its hard to explain. Other than the smell of bananas the he caryys around he just smells like Ashton. Like he has a unique sent all of his own. Its a stangley comferting smell. It almost smells like home. Not home where I live but home where my heart is.

"I am. I haven't felt this good an ages, its all thanks to you." I laughed lightly.

(ASHTONS POV)

"I am. I havent felt this good in ages, its all thanks to you." Alice told me sending shivers down my neck where her face lent.

Falling for Alice is one of the best things I have done. For me and her. Before her eyes were sad and dark, full of sorrow and never letting go. Now. Now they are so bright, the green is the colour of the grass in the height of spring. I could get lost in them for hours. They are light and cheerful. Full of Enjoyment and life. Her laugh isn't hollow anymore. Her laugh, no matter what, makes me smile it carries joy in it. And her smile. Oh her smile is amazing. It just brightens the place up completely, before it was forced. I noticed that even if no one else did. Her smile now, its genuine and natural, it's real. She's real. Alice is her now and she is so quirky and natural. The real Alice is the one I have fallen in love with.

(ALICES POV)

"I am so, so proud of you Alice. You helped as well, it wasnt all me. You acepted my help which was when you first started getting better." He whispered, arms still wrapped around me looking out on the veiw.

I am happy almost all of the time now. But I am happiest when I am with Ashton. He brings out the best in me. His smile lights up a room, it lights me up. His eyes are so bright and happy. His curls just add to the effect. The way they bounce with him as he bounces aling where ever he goes. Where ever Ashton is there is fun, there is music, there are smiles, there is laughter and there is love. He is so loving and caring. Its truly amazing that someone like him existes. Its truly amazing that someone like him cares for me.

(ASHTONS POV)

I am. I am really really proud of Alice. From what I have seen she has come so far. From fake smiles to always real smiles. Fake laughes to always real laughs. Hiding from the music she used to feel traped in but she has re-found her love for it. Standing up and planning to do what she wants with her life. Openeing up to people. Being herself. Spealing in front of people. Not taking shit anymore. She lived a lie for so long and now she is living her truth. I have no idea how hard it was for her, but it must have been so hard. I love her so much.

(ALICES POV)

"Thanks Ash." I finnaly whispered.

I have. I've come so much further than I would have ever done without Ashton. I dont think I would have been here right now if I hadn't been made to do a maths project with him. Remind me to learn that teachers name and thank him. I have done so many tjings I never imagined doing, ever. Ashton has opened up a while new world to me. I found my love for music again. I found something I want to do with my life. I made new friends, Calum Michael and Luke. I have learnt to trust people. And all because I opened up to Ashton. All because he took me the long way home. I love him so much.