Chapter 4: "It cant be, no one ever cares."

Walking into school I went straight to the library avoiding eye contact with anyone and everyone. To be honest, I looked a mess. There were dark rings under my eyes and I have no make-up on so I looked worse!

"Hey Alice!" Ashton smiled from his place at the table in the library,  he was one of the only ones there. Since not many people had study now. "Are you okay?" He frowned when I slumped down next to him.

"Didnt sleep last night." I stated simply, far to tired to say anything else. I dont know why but, some how, I feel like I dont need to act around Ashton. Like I can sit and cry all I want and I wont be judged. I dont know this boy but he he seems that he would be... comferting? It cant be, no one ever cares.

"You seem down about something." He continued to press. Ashton dont know the half of it! He is going to go to far and im going to snap! And he will get hurt! Not physically but emocionaly.

"No no. Just tired." I tried to smile. Pulling my math note book out that had everything we need in it Ashton put his hand on mine. It may not seem like a big deal, but no one has wanted to go near me after my last break down three years aho when I fliped out and almost broke someones arms. Since then, when I learnt to hide it, nonone has wanted to touch me or go near me.

"Alice, you can tell me." He whispered. Why was he being so kind? No one is supposed to care. And I am getting so tired of this. Acting and pretending,  its exosting!  It drains me.

"I cant." I sighed and he looked down at the books and moved his hand. "Can we just do this project and you can go back to your life and I can go to what is left of mine? Please?"

"Okay, yeah here." He said handing me one of the sheets he has been working on.

(Ashton's POV.)

There is something odd about Alice, she is differant. I think there is something wrong. I like this girl and I am determined to find out! What ever it is I can help her! I will help her!

(Alices POV.)

Ashton is so nosy! He needs to keep out of all this before I bring him down! I'm tired and he can see it, I know he can.

"Hey mate!" I looked up from midlessly going through papers when one of Ashtons friends sat down across from us.

"Hey Micheal." Ashton smiled. Micheal, the punck one. Now he was closer I saw that he had an eyebrow perising and a few tattoos on his left arm. His hair is a fading lilic colour that makes his eyes look really dark. "Alice this is Micheal, Micheal this is Alice."

"Hey Alice!" The strange boy laughed looking at all the papaer work.

"Hi." I mumbled in attempt to make it obvious I dont need any more friends and that I'm not in the mood to talk.

"Why dont you come to lunch with us today Alice! Then you can meet Calum and Luke!" Ashton grinned.

"Luke? Doesn't he go out with Lauren?" I asked starting to get a tad interested.

"Yeah! You know I think they have done it." Micheal whispered the last bit and Ashton just laughed.

I dont get how thats funny. At all. People yuck.

"So lunch today! Your coming!" Ashton said just as the bell rang and micheal got up to leave with Ashton following him close behind.

TIME SKIP● LUNCH●

Lunch. Just brilliant! Ashton said he would meet me outside the library with his friends so I can get to know some more people since I only ever talk to my friends. I dont see what's wrong with that though. Surrounding myself with people who like to talk about them selfs means that I dont have too.

"You must be Alice." A male voice said coming towrds me from the canteen area. I turned to see a tall boy with tan skin and dark hair that matched his dark, chocolate eyes.

"Yep." I mumbled moving over on the bench to make room for him to wait.

"I'm Calum. Its nice to meet you! All Ashton has done is talk about you recently." He smiled across to me. Why would Ashton talk about me?

"Really?" I frowned "Why?"

"I think he likes you. Like, likes you. He said your differant, interesting." He laughed. He must think other wise. He must be thinking that is some stupid bitch. Everyone thinks that! Obviously!

"Well I am neither." I stated simply just as another three boys walked around the corner. There was that Micheal, Ashton and Lauren's boyfriend, Luke.

"Hey guys." Micheal grinned with his lunch in hand. Oh no.

"Lets head in then." Ashton said opening the door to the library. It was quite since everyone else at in the canteen. Making our way to the back all the bohs waved and smiled at the librarian. We didnt stop untill we got to the small group of tables at the back when theyall sat down and got their lunch out. I sat down next to Ashton because he was the only one I really know out of them all. I dont know why but for some reason I trust him.... Even after what Calum told me. But it cant be true.

"Are you not going to have any lunch Alice?" Luke said speaking to me for the first time. I should have guessed one of them would say something, it was just a matter of who and when.

"I ate earlier." I lied. Must have worked because Luke just went back to his sandwich. Seeing them all eat made me feel sick. Did any of them know calories they were eating?!

"So Alice." Calum started. "Tell us about yourself." He finished.

"There isnt much to tell." I mumbled sliding down a bit in my hard wooden seat.

"Come on, what about your family? Why you moved to England? friends from home? What you want to do after school?" Luke asked. Why are they so interested?

"Family, mum dad and two sisters. moved for personal reasons. Dont have any and I don't know." I said trying my best to some up with some sort of answer for each of the extremely nosy questions. "How did you know I moved to England?" I then asked just relising that I havent told them that.

"Ashton told us." Luke laughed as it was nothing. "All he does is talk about you." He added on and Ashtons cheakes went a deep red colour.

"I.... ummmm... I have to go." I stuttered getting up and running from the library.

Ashton cares? Why?