The old lady looked at the sign for a moment.

"Seems like I forgot to put it on it's place", she finally stated. "Fine, but make your shopping quickly, I'm in a hurry", she commanded and let them in, making sure this time that she hanged the 'Closed'-sign on the outside of the door.

"Are you the owner of this book store?" Bickslow asked.

"Yes, and who are you if I may ask?"

"I'm Bickslow, this is Evergreen, Freed Justine and Laxus Dreyar. Me and Ever answered to your job request from Fairy Tail."

"Oh, so you finally got here", the white haired woman smiled now happily. "I started to worry you had chickened out at the last minute and cancelled the job."

"Mages from Fairy Tail wouldn't do something like that", Ever assured with a confident smile.

"Aren't you a cute little girl. But if you two are the ones doing the job, why are those two here?" the book store owner asked pointing at Freed and Laxus with her cane.

"They're sight-seeing", Bicks grinned. "Freed wanted to go sniff in that apparently famous library this town has. And you were...?"

"Madam Roxanne", the old woman introduced herself. "Well, since there is no need to stay at the store, we can as well go to my apartment at the other side of the building."

They nodded and followed her. Freed managed to get a glimpse around enough to notice the store had two floors at least and his fingers were aching to get to go through with all books it had.

Roxanne led them to the door behind the desk and they stepped to the hallway.

"Kvestor!" she suddenly yelled making them all almost jump. For an old woman, Roxanne sure had good lungs. "Kvestor! Where did you go, you little fur ball?!"

"Madam, right here, Madam", they heard a voice and quick steps.

Their eyes widened slightly when they saw a silver tabby exceed appear behind the corner. Kvestor was a chubby cat with fluffy fur, wearing a blue pointy hat and a red bow on his neck. With a little bell that tingled with every step.

"There you are, Kvestor. Our visitors finally arrived", Roxanne said.

"It is an honour to meet you all", Kvestor smiled adjusting his hat better. "I'm the one who talked with miss Mirajane from Fairy Tail, when she called me and told me there was someone who wanted to take the job. We have heard so much about the famous Laxus Dreyar and his Thunder Legion."

"He's famous or something?" Roxanne asked surprised.

"He is the man called the Thunder God, Madam. One of the most powerful mages there are, despite his young age. He even won Jura Neekis at the Grand Magic Games!"

"Time has passed since then", Laxus said.

"But still! That was a magnificent victory! And he is one of the famous dragon slayers!"

"That cat sounds like Freed", Bicks snorted and the rune mage gave him a glare.

"I'm not here officially to take part of the mission, I just give some help if Bicks and Ever need it", Laxus grumbled. "Only if they need it. Otherwise I'm just staying with Freed", he said nodding towards Freed.

"My, you've got yourself in a big trouble, sugar", Roxanne cackled looking at Freed who blushed slightly. "This ain't my first time seeing a pregnant man, but it sure does surprise me every time when I see one."

"Umm..." Freed stuttered when he just didn't know what to say.

"Life is a mystery, isn't it? But that's a good thing, that way we won't get bored", Roxanne said. "And if I'm not wrong - And I usually ain't - this famous God here is the one responsible of this little sugar cube?" she smirked pointing at Laxus.

"That's correct", Ever giggled when looking at slightly blushing Laxus. "It wasn't that hard to guess?"

"Don't you underestimate elder folk, cutie", Roxanne laughed. "These eyes has seen more than you can even imagine there is in life. And you, what's with that haircut?" she asked looking at Bickslow.

"That's just how I like it, baby", Bicks grinned. "A little bit characteristics ain't bad, right?"

"Now that's a good boy!" Roxanne cackled and she lead them to the living room. "Have you four eaten yet anything?"

"Just breakfast, Madam", Freed said. "We had to travel over the mountain since our train had to stop because of the landslide on tracks."

"Breakfast? Sugar, that isn't good. It's already midday."

"Couldn't help it, we didn't have much to eat with us", Laxus said looking around in the living room. Antique looking furnitures, some paintings, old photos in their frames, books... And that funny smell there always was when visiting old peoples' houses, what was that? "Just some canned food."

"Canned food? Hah! That ain't food I tell you. It's just canned lies that even Kvestor wouldn't eat and you can tell he ain't a cat who easily says no to food. I'm gonna make you some real food, kids. Who wants to have Madam Roxanne's famous hunter's stew?" Roxanne smiled.

"I do!" Kvestor said.

"That sounds delicious", Bickslow grinned.

"But it is not necessary", Freed assured. "We can afford our own meals so there is no need to bother -"

"Don't you talk back to your elders, sugar", Roxanne scolded. "When Madam Roxanne tells you to eat, you eat. The end."

"You really shouldn't argue with Madam about this", Kvestor whispered.

"She's almost as bad as Porlyusica", Laxus muttered.

Cane's handle caught his coat's collar and he was yanked down, looking at those old green eyes.

"I'm old, not deaf, honeycomb", Roxanne warned. "And don't you badmouth Porlyusica, she happens to be a friend of mine."

"She has friends?" Ever asked surprised.

"You believe that, cutie", Roxanne said letting go of Laxus who muttered something annoyed. "So anyway, I'm gonna start making the stew, you kids behave while I'm doing it."

"At least let us help", Freed smiled. "That is the least we can do."

"You take care of that sugar cube. I'm gonna be just fine, this ain't the first time I'm making food for a bigger group. Kvestor, show them where the sheets are and make the guest rooms ready. They're going to guard the shop so it's better that they stay", Roxanne decided and she went to the kitchen, humming something.

"Right away, Madam", Kvestor promised. "This way if you please", he said and headed towards the stairs that were covered with beautiful colourful carpet.

"I have a good tingle in my bones that this job is going to be awesome", Bickslow cackled as they followed the silver tabby exceed.

------------

I'm sorry that I have to say this, but it is highly possible that there won't be a new chapter before next Saturday. My next week is going to be super busy so I might not have time to write at all. I'm sorry, babies, please forgive me T^T