Airport

NOELLE'S POV        

I wake up way too early the next morning. Even before my alarm goes off. I get my phone off of the nightstand and see that it is 5:30 AM. I am supposed to get up at 6:30. For probably 25 minutes or so, I toss and turn in bed. I stare at the ceiling, giving up on trying to fall back asleep because all that is running through my mind is leaving. A tear runs down my cheek and lands on my pillow. I don't want to go home. Not yet. I think to myself. I close my eyes tight and try to block everything out.  I wipe my eyes to prevent more tears. Song lyrics run through my head.

"For a while we pretended

That we never had to end it

But we knew we had to say goodbye

You were crying at the airport

When they finally closed the plane door 

I could barely hold it all inside

Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are"

I can't control my tears at this point. I silently cry into my pillow thinking of leaving Luke. I'll miss his awkward hugs, his cute smile, his laugh, his sweet kisses he would give me for no reason, just everything. In less than 24 hours, I'll be back home in my own bed, in my purple room covered with One Direction and 5SOS posters. 

I sniffle a bit, trying to calm down and be as quiet as possible so I don't wake Bethany. My eyes have now gotten used to the dark room and I stand up and head into the bathroom to get a tissue. When I walk back out to lay back down I hear Bethany.

"Noelle?" She mutters, "Are you awake?"

"Yes." I say, climbing back into my bed and sniffling.

"Are you crying? What's wrong?" She asks as I see her sillouette sit up and look towards me.

"Yes." I quietly say. 

"Oh Noelle," Bethany says with concern. She gets out of her sheets and walks towards me, climbs into my bed and hugs me. I cry even more. 

"I-I don't want to leave Luke." I say. Bethany rubs my back and lets me cry into her shoulder.

"Just think though, you have something to look forward to after the semester at college." She tells me.

"I know, but I'm not ready to leave." I say.

"It will be ok. Just think how busy the boys will be while you're away. They are going to start recording a lot, and pick up on tour with the One Direction boys. By the time you come back, things will slow back down and it will all just work out. Besides, we will talk to you on the phone and facetime you all the time. We won't forget about you." Bethany says, trying to comfort me.

"I know...." I say, wiping away my tears.

Bethany and I talk for a while, until I decide to get ready to go. Bethany helps me gather up the last few things to pack into my suitcase and then I change my clothes into something comfortable for the plane ride: a pair of shorts and my 5sos tee. Luke picked it out last night for me to wear. Bethany gets ready in the bathroom while I pull my hair up into a messy bun.