Studio.

Bethany's POV

About 10 days or so have gone by, it's been super fun so far! Me and Ashton have had a few Harry/Gemma problems but overall it hasn't been too bad.
"Guys we are almost to the studio...just like 5 more minutes." Ashton says from the drivers seat. The band has rehearsals and are recording a bit today and me and Noelle came along.
Once we get to the studio we head inside the writing room and meet the producers.
"Hey boys! You ready to record?" One man says, shaking each boy's hand.
"Course we are!" Luke says cheerfully.
We all sit down on the couch, Ashton sitting close to me so our shoulders are touching, and holding my hand. The boys talk to the producers while I sit quietly and watch Ashton's hand as he delicately strokes mine. I feel so comfortable and safe when I am with him. It just feels....right.
I see on his fingernail chipped nail polish from when I painted his nail at my house. I smile at the memory and let out a stifled laugh. It looks like he has tried to pick it off. Ashton turns his attention to me and sends me a confused smirk. I put my hand to his fingernail and show him the cause of my amusement. He chuckles a bit and shakes his head. He leans in and whispers to me, "You are never painting my fingernails again! I can't get it off!"
This causes me to laugh out loud. Everyone stops talking and turns to us.
"Oh...sorry...keep going...I am so sorry." I say between laughs. The producers look confused and I guess they just decide to ignore me. Oh man, I must look like a total fool right now. The producers continue talking to the boys and once I stop laughing I whisper to Ashton, "I'll help you get the polish off when we get home."
He nods his head and smiles. I take his hand and take another look at the chipped nail polish on his finger. I can't believe the polish has lasted this long. I take a look at my nails to see that the polish is still in pretty good shape. Just a few accidental chips here and there but it still looks alright.
After the producer finishes discussing business with the 5SOS boys, another guy comes in to help write some music with the boys. Me and Noelle decide to go walk around and let the boys be alone for a while to write.
"We'll stop by in a little bit." I tell Ashton while standing up. Noelle does the same and we wave to the boys before leaving.
"Should we go get a Pepsi out of the vending machine? I am so thirsty" Noelle says.
"Yeah sure!" I say. "I think the break room is probably this way."
We walk down the hall a ways and I ask Noelle, "so how are things going between you and Luke?"
"Well it's alright..he is taking this relationship really really slow...I don't know if he actually wants to be in a relationship." She says.
"I'll have to talk to him. He really likes you Noelle. I can tell. I think he is just really shy and nervous." I reply.
It's true. Luke is super shy around Noelle. But it's so obvious that he likes her.
I make a mental note in my head to talk to Luke later.
"Oh here is the break room! Thank goodness, I am dying of thir-" Noelle stops in her tracks in the doorway of the break room. I am too busy looking at posters on the wall to notice so I run right into the back of her.
"Ow! Noelle what are you-" I say before I realize why.
Gemma Styles is sitting in the break room on a couch with her legs crossed, reading a magazine and drinking a Pepsi.
"Well hello there girls." Gemma says, putting her magazine down next to her.
Noelle shuffles into the break room awkwardly and I follow behind.
"Hi." I say with a fake smile plastered on my face.
"So I reckon Ashton-well, 5 Seconds of Summer is here?" Gemma asks.
"Yeah they are writing right now." Noelle tells her.
"Oh perfect! I have something I need to tell Ashton! Yesterday when we were texting I forgot to tell him!" Gemma says with a smile.
Before I can stop myself I start to say, "Look. Gemma. I understand that you are friends with Ashton and everything but me and him are together. I hope you can respect that."
Gemma just stares at me with a smirk across her face for a few moments before she stands up and walks towards me.
"I don't know what kind of game Ashton is playing with you. I am sure he just feels bad for you or something. I'm sorry.....Bethany? Was that your name? But I don't think things are going to work out between you and Ashton."
I feel my face burning red in anger at the words that just came out of her mouth. Before I can even reply to Gemma, Noelle takes my arm and pulls me out the door. Thank goodness she did because I am sure I would have said something I would have regretted. Noelle takes me straight into an empty recording room, locks the door behind us, and sits me down on a chair.
"Ok Beth, just calm down. I am sure this is all a misunderstanding. You need to just ignore everything Gemma says to you. She obviously knows that you and Ashton are together, she is just trying to make you mad and get Ashton."
Right then and there I started crying out of anger.
"This is so pathetic. I feel like I have to compete against Gemma. This is ridiculous." I say angrily.
I vent out for a while to Noelle and say some things that I shouldn't repeat...oops.
"Bethany just calm down. You know exactly how Ashton feels about you. Just trust him." Noelle tells me.
"I know, I know...it's just frustrating." I say.
Just trust him. He loves you. Besides...I know what Ashton is getting you for your birthday and you're going to LOVE IT." Noelle smiles.
That's right. My birthday is coming up. August 16. Today is...August 2.. I believe? Wow it is coming up fast. I completely forgot about my own birthday.
Once I calm down some, we decide to head back to the writing room to see how the boys are coming along. I realize I never got a drink so I tell Noelle I'll meet her in the writing room. I am cautious before walking into the break room and pray that Gemma is gone. As I peek around the corner I see that no one is there.
"Ah thank you," I gratefully say, looking to the ceiling.
I walk in and go to the fridge to get out my Pepsi I've been waiting for. I start drinking it and look around at the posters and awards hanging all around me. It's so cool to see all the people who have been here before. I am interrupted by a voice.
"Are you following me?" He teases.
It's Harry. Ugh I don't need this right now.
"Hi Harry." I say.
"What are you doing here?" He asks me, but then answers his own question, "oh right. The 5SOS boys." Harry looks pleasantly surprised to see me.
I nod and continue to look at the posters around the walls.
I hear Harry open the fridge door and shuffle some items around inside.
"Ah man you took the last Pepsi!" Harry complains.
I laugh and reply, "let me guess...if I give you the Pepsi, I can be in the band?"
Harry laughs at my remarks.
"Haha good one!" He says.
He pulls out a water bottle and starts drinking it.
"So are you enjoying your time here in London?" He asks me.
"Yeah! It's been great! Lovely place. I just realized actually that I'll be here for my birthday!" I tell Harry.
"Oh yeah? When is that?" He asks with his full attention.
"August 16." I say.
"Well we need to have a party for miss Bethany's birthday then! I'll tell all the mates and we will have a giant party!" Harry exclaims.
"Haha that'd be fun! I'm sure it's every teenage girl's dream to have One Direction at their birthday party." I say with a grin.
"Well let's make it happen for you!" Harry says.
"Okay, Styles, you arrange it! Oh and don't forget to tell the 5SOS boys because I want them to come for sure obviously!"
"Don't worry! I got this. It'll be the best day of your life!" Harry says.
All I can think is I don't know how Ashton is going to feel about Harry throwing a birthday party for me.

Copyright © 2014 by Ruby C.