The Last Time

Bethany's POV

Ashton stands in the doorway with a look of betrayal in his eyes as he stares me and Harry down for what seems like years. I sit in shock as I see him turn and storm off, slamming the door behind him.

As much as I try to hold back the feelings, I start to cry, once again. Mostly because I am so angry. Angry at Ashton. Angry at myself for allowing to practically kiss Harry. Angry at everything. I can't hold this in anymore.

"I'm sorry Bethany, this is all my fault." Harry says, standing up and pacing the floor frantically.
Without saying another word to Harry, I stand up and head straight for the door.

"Bethany!" I hear Harry call out behind me as I also slam the door shut and leave. I hear footsteps going down the steps and I yell out angrily with tears streaming down my face.

"Ashton!"
The footsteps continue and there is no reply.

I skip steps, running down the stairs trying to catch up to him. Footsteps are now following behind me down the stairs. Harry. I keep going, heading straight for Ashton. I turn the corner on the step finally caught up to him, and before Ashton can go any further, I grab his shoulder, flipping him around to face me, and pin him against the wall hard. His back slams against the wall as I push him with force.

His eyes are watery, red, and sad.

"I don't even want to hear it, Bethany. I saw you and Harry. There's no excuse. This isn't the first kiss you've got from him is it. I saw you two in the park last week. I knew something like this would happen." He angrily says.

I don't hesitate for one second before giving him a piece of my mind.

"How can you even say that when you've been hiding loads of crap from me? I know all about you and Gemma. Don't even try to make an excuse for this one. How long Ashton? How could you do this to me? What happened to forever and always?" I yell in his face.

"Bethany I don't even know what you are tal-" He starts to yell back.

"Just shut it. I don't even want to hear it. Now go run off with your new little girlfriend because I'm sure she's waiting for you!" I angrily say.

"Bethany, what are you saying?" Ashton yells back, tears now streaming down his face.

I rip open my clutch, take out the Mickey Mouse necklace, and shove it to Ashton. He looks upset, confused, and really angry.

I storm off, heading down the rest of the steps until I reach the main level of the house, where everyone is. I push my way through the crowds of people, not knowing where to go or what to do now.

"Bethany!" I hear Noelle call out to me from somewhere on my right. I keep pushing my way as Noelle catches up to me.

"What happened? Are you ok?" She asks, panicked.

"It's over." I say, still yelling and sobbing.

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

"Me and Ashton. We're done." I reply.

She stops in her tracks and I keep on shoving my way through the crowd. My whole face feels soaking wet from all the tears. I keep walking until I reach a random hallway. I figure there's no point in trying to leave the party, where will I go?

Ashton's POV

I stand in the stairway, crying and staring at the necklace Bethany just threw at me. So many emotions rush through me as I picture what just happened. I just lost my girlfriend. The one thing in my life that I treasured, adored, loved so much. She's gone in a blink of an eye.

I hear Harry come down the steps. There's no doubt in my mind he heard everything.

"Mate. I am so sorry." He says, stopping in front of me.

I don't reply to him in fear of saying something I'll later regret. I just shake my head and avoid eye-contact with him. My fists are clenched tight as I squeeze the necklace in my left hand. He sighs and walks down the rest of the stairs leaving me alone. And oh, do I feel so alone.

I sit down on a step and lift the collar of my shirt up to my eyes to wipe the tears away. I put the necklace in my pocket, but feel something in the way. The Disneyland tickets. Bethany's surprise gift from me.

My heart sinks in deep sadness. I shouldn't have gotten angry at her. What if this is all a misunderstanding? I pull out my phone, about ready to call Bethany. There has to be a way I can explain to her. Then I remember my phone is dead. I curse under my breath and head down the rest of the stairs. I've got to find Bethany.

I make my way through the crowded party and out the front door. She's probably ran off somewhere. I walk down the street, keeping my eyes peeled for any sign of her until I reach my car. I get in, and start driving. I hate these uneasy feelings running through me. Bethany was so angry. I've never seen her like that before. What if this is really the last time?

Bethany's POV

I open a door at the very end of the big hallway to find an empty room with plain white walls; one of the walls having a huge mirror covering the whole thing, 4 big windows, a few exercise machines, some mats, and a water fountain.

I close the door behind me and curl up in a ball on one of the mats in the corner of the room. I face the giant mirror wall and stare at myself. I look awful. My face is stained red with a layer of makeup on top of that, and I pretty much look like death.

I sniff, wiping my nose, and think about everything. My mind is overloaded with hurt and anger. I'm to the point where I can't cry anymore tears so I decide to lay down on the mat and try as hard as I can to calm down a bit. I can still faintly hear the loud music playing through the house inside this room. And I can tell exactly who is singing right now. Ed Sheeran. He is singing Kiss Me. The first song me and Ashton ever danced to back in LA, the song that played the night Ashton asked me to be his girlfriend. I try not to let sadness overpower my feeling of anger toward what Ashton did to me. He hurt me. Well, I hope he's happy with that Gemma.

I stare at the blank white ceiling above me for a while and soon my eyes start to feel heavy. I close them and drift off to sleep in Harry's exercise room on one of the mats.

Ashton's POV

I drive for a long time, stopping everywhere she might be. She doesn't know her way around London very well so she could be lost somewhere. I finally decide to head back to our London house, grab my phone charger, and...maybe she'll be there. I doubt it though. At least I'll be able to try and call her once my phone charges.

I pull in our driveway and hop out of the car, and speed walk to the door, unlocking it and heading inside. Instead of calling out her name, I walk around, opening each door and there's no sign of her.

When I get to her bedroom, I open the door slowly, somewhat hoping she'll be there. But she's not. Everything is still in place from earlier today. That little bit of hope inside of me shatters as my eyes wander around her room.

She's gone and I don't know when, or if she'll be back.

I head into my room and plug my phone in. Once it is charged to a certain point, it turns back on, and I can now try to call her. Dozens of texts and missed calls flood my phone from Calum, Luke, and Michael. Even a couple from Gemma. I ignore all of them as I tap in Bethany's number and press call. The ringing seems like eternity, until it reaches her voicemail. I end the call and and try to send a text:

"Please respond. At least let me know you're safe" I write.

I decide to call the boys so they know I am back at home and aren't worried about me.

I call Michael's number and he quickly answers after the first ring.

"Where are you? Are you ok mate?" He frantically asks.

"I'm back at home. And no, I'm not ok." I reply rubbing my head with my hand.

"You and Beth are done?" He asks.

"Looks like it." I choke out.

"Where is she?" He asks me.

"Don't know, she hasn't responded to me." I say, my voice cracking as a tear falls down my cheek.

You know how when you think you're done crying, but you start actually talking to someone about what you were crying about and then it makes you cry again? That's exactly how I feel as I talk to Michael.

"Sorry mate. We'll be home soon. I think the limo is taking us back." Michael says.

"Ok." I reply and hang up before I start bawling.

I lay on my bed and stare blankly at the ceiling fan. I pull out the necklace and tickets from my pocket and throw them onto my night stand. So much for the surprise. I roll over and now face the wall. I won't be able to sleep until I know Bethany is safe.

**************************************************************************

Hey guys! So yes, short chapter, but I HAD to update asap! And I felt like this part of the story needed it's own chapter. Omg though, I was like actually sobbing while writing this guys.

Copyright © 2014 by Ruby C.