If Only You Knew

Bethany's POV

"We have to get you to the doctor right now, Bethany." Ashton says, panick setting in on his face. "Here I'll carry you. My car is down the block a ways."

Ashton carefully wraps one arm around my legs, and the other around my back, carrying me bridal-style through the dark. I wrap both arms around his neck to hold on. Every step Ashton takes as he walks, sends pain through my ankle but I don't say anything to him. He is trying to hurry as fast as he can while holding me, and carrying his guitar on his back. I have no right to complain right now.

"You doing all right?" He asks me. My face must show that I am in pain.

"Uh-yeah." I mutter. Ashton keeps walking, slowing down a bit, but keeping good pace.

"How far away is the doctors?" I ask.

"About 40 minutes. We'll hurry though." He tells me.

"Ow, it hurts pretty bad, Ashton." I quitely say, trying to hold in the pain and trying to keep myself from crying.

"Shh. You'll be alright." He soothingly says. "There's actually a hospital that is closer by. Maybe we should take you there."

"Ashton I hate the doctors, let alone hospitals." I cry out. "I don't want to go. I'll be fine. Here. Put me down I will walk. I'll do anything. But please, don't take me to the hospital." I beg.

"Bethany, you are hurt pretty bad, we need to take you somewhere to get help. If we go to the hospital, you will get treated faster." Ashton says, trying to calm me down.

"No Ashton. Please." I shake my head trying to break free from him holding me.

"Bethany, trust me. This is an emergency. We need to get you help right now." Ashton says, continuing to walk, not letting me escape from his arms.

"Can you call Harry and let him know?" I ask through my sobs.

Ashton goes silent and doesn't say anything for a few moments, just focuses on his trail ahead.

"If you want me to." He says in a sort of disappointed way.

I feel awkward asking Ashton to call Harry, but for some reason, I will feel better if Harry comes to the hospital too.

I can tell Ashton is getting tired from holding both me and the guitar as we continue to walk to Ashton's car. We are both quiet as we make our way to the vehicle. What can we say? It's now awkward to say anything after what happened just before I got injured. I try to not think about the pain that is seering through my ankle and decide to break the awkward silence.

"Ashton?"

"Yeah?" He pants out of breath.

"You never told me you could play guitar." I say.

"Oh. Yeah. Well, surprise, I can. Haha" He replies with a light awkward chuckle.

After this, we are silent again as Ashton still holds me walking to the car.

Once we get there, Ashton somehow opens the passenger side of the door for me and sets me inside, making sure to be careful of my ankle. He closes the passenger door, then walks around the back of the vehicle, opening the trunk and setting the guitar back there. Once he is inside the driver's seat, we take off to the doctor. I feel like the pain gets worse and worse with every passing minute.

"Do you think I'll be able to walk?" I ask worriedly.

"I don't know. Probably not for a while." Ashton replies.

Once we get to the hospital, Ashton parks in the emergency parking lot and comes around the passenger side to carry me in.

We get inside and Ashton checks me in the hospital as a nurse brings a wheelchair in for me. Ashton sets me down on it and says, "I'll call Harry now." No emotion comes across his face as he says this.