Chapter 25 -Accusations

"Why didn't you let me rip into him?" Brooklyn crossed into Derek's house.  She was fuming over Derek's restraint at the gas station.

"You would've been arrested for one," Derek shut the door. "And two, Argent would've laid you flat on the ground."

"I've taken on men twice his size and won," Brooklyn continued to argue.

"Argent may be smaller, yes, but you and I both know he plays dirty."

Derek knew he had a point as Brooklyn exhaled and her shoulders slumped. She knew he was right. Argent could easily have had her where he wanted her thus falling right into his hands. They couldn't let that happen.

"I'm sorry," she sat on the bottom step. "He just always find a way under my skin. And now with what we found out about the fire just has me wanting to make Argent suffer like you have."

Derek took a deep breath as the sudden appearance of this aggression could mean one thing: Their bond was deepening and she was showing some wolf like tendencies. She was still human but the unseen connection ran deeper than a series of marks.

He sat down beside her with both arms slipped around her waist. The hunter twisted her neck until their lips were firmly pressed together. They didn't move for several seconds until Derek shifted his head and slowly pushed things deeper. The soft sighs coming from her lips lowered his guard ever slightly as as her mouth opened slightly. The softness of her tongue teased across his lips. He felt her hands carding through his hair sending tiny shivers down his spine. Derek could hear the rapid beating of her heart as his cool calloused hands rested along the sides of her face, gently cradling them. Brooklyn slipped up the jacket and grey shirt, feeling the sharp cuts and ripples dancing beneath her skin. Derek groaned at her feathery touch as his hands ran down the front of her shirt seeking the soft warmth of her skin.

But the stolen moment was interrupted by the approach of another. Derek pulled away, growling at the intruder who interrupted their moment.

"Someone's coming," he ushered her up the stairs. Brooklyn stayed on the landing as Derek reached where she stood.

"DEREK!" Scott charged through the door like an enraged bull. He didn't see the werewolf anywhere in sight and started up the steps. His scent was stronger up there as he also detected Brooklyn's scent as well.

"You did it!" The teen wildly accused. Brooklyn appeared from the right and positioned herself at the top of the steps.

"Derek didn't kill anyone!"

"He killed Myers! He killed his sister!"

"His sister was missing! He found her like that! The hunters were using her remains to lure him out! Myers died from his injuries!"

"You helped him! You helped him kill Myers!"

"You're insane! I don't kill innocent people! Derek was with me the night Myers was attacked!"

Scott was half way up the steps. Sweat lined the ring along the top of his shirt.

"I'm gonna tell everyone what you both did! I'm going to tell Mr. Argent! I'm going to tell the sheriff!"

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," she sternly warned the teen. "Because if you tell them they'll find out about you and then what are you gonna do? They'll know about Stiles harboring your secret!  How do you think that will go over with his dad?!"

Scott fisted her jacket and shoved the hunter backwards but Brooklyn wasn't about to let some scrawny angst ridden teen push her around. Before she could retaliate, Derek charged from behind hurling Scott down the stairs. They watched as he landed on his stomach but wasn't down for long. Brooklyn had her gun trained on the teen as he had shifted into wolf form. The hollow yellow depths pierced the darkness seeking out its human prey. Brooklyn felt the sliver of fear slice through her spine as the younger werewolf started up the steps. Derek leapt from the landing to the floor below, landing with ease. Scott wasn't going to get anywhere near her.