Chapter 51 - Double

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

Another several days passed until the Alpha made an appearance.

It was well aware of Brooklyn and Derek taking up residence in the Hale house as the cops were now hunting them down like animals which only infuriated the Alpha. It continued to watch the couple, hearing their conversations as Brooklyn continued to get closer to the truth.

Well the second victim's family wasn't as hospitable towards me so all we have is what we got from Will Dandridge's dad.

Do you think it's enough?

Considering we have this drawing, it's more than what we had before. But thanks to Scott, I can't get out too much.

What about Stiles?

Stiles can only do so much for us before his dad begins to suspect something's up. It's bad enough he's taking our laundry and doing it. Remind me to thank him when this is over….

Brook I know you're upset.

Upset doesn't begin to cover it Derek. As if we didn't have enough to deal with.

I know but for now we have to stay hidden.

Well look at it this way: At least we don't have to worry about Jackson.

The Alpha was aware that Jackson had been pursuing Brooklyn but with the hunter and werewolf hiding out Jackson was the least of the Alpha's concern. Maybe now after what it did to Derek, the younger beta would listen. The first message did not appear to have had the desired effect.

"Did you hear that?" Derek paused and listened.

"No," Brooklyn knew her human ears were no match for his sharp ones. Derek picked up the familiar scent of the Alpha and darted to the window. The piercing eyes were looking straight up at the lone window, watching Derek as he watched it.

"It's the Alpha," he raced down the stairs and out the front door. Brooklyn had her gun in her hand and hurried to catch up.

"Brook get back in the house!" Derek heard her stop at the landing.

"No," she shook her head. "You're not facing it alone." Derek sprinted to the left, following the stronger scent of the Alpha. Brooklyn knew she couldn't catch either one and stood on the front porch, armed and ready to fire.

The werewolf trudged through the underbrush and mud, hearing the Alpha begin to pull away.

He's on all fours now…..

But something made Derek stop as he heard the approach of another. It wasn't human and the scent was all wrong. It was the other wolf!

He charged ahead, determined to find out who the other wolf was. Ahead he could see two large outlines locked together in a heated battle. The low rumbles vibrated through the ground as Derek stopped and watched.

Another Alpha…..

The new Alpha leapt on top of the other, clawing into its foe's back. The other Alpha howled in agony and spun around with claws slashing into air. The smaller one bit down into the shoulders, drawing blood between its teeth and lips. The larger Alpha saw the massive oak and rushed it with its back facing the ancient tree. The smaller Alpha's bones cracked and crushed between solid flesh and wood. It yelped in pain before collapsing at the base in a tangled heap.

Derek felt compelled to help the smaller Alpha and raced towards the wolves. The Alpha saw the beta racing towards him on all fours and crouched down, prepared to fight the lower ranking wolf. It didn't want to fight him but it was prepared to take him out as it had at the high school. Derek made the first move with claws outstretched and fangs exposed and ready. The Alpha snarled and rose on two feet, batting Derek against the rocky outcrop like it was swatting a fly.