Chapter 69 - Instincts

"Stay the Hell away from me," Brooklyn warned Peter.

"You know you really should relax," the Alpha gently admonished. "I mean given your condition….."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh now that is not necessary to lie," Peter shifted his legs one over the other. "I already know…."

He watched with frighteningly calm eyes as Brooklyn backed herself against the wall.

"I'm not here to hurt you if that's what you're thinking but rather to offer my congratulations."

"Don't want it," she hissed.

"I'm hurt," he feigned a grimace on his face. "We're family after all…."

"No," she shook her head, "The Peter that Derek remembers died in the fire! You're just a douche wad with his face."

"Now that wasn't very nice," Peter growled.

"You wanna know what's not nice? How about manipulating Derek? How about forcing him against his will to do whatever the Hell you want?"

"Derek understands what has to be done," Peter ignored her scathing words.

"What has to be done? Oh, you mean by ripping people to shreds!"

"Only the ones who deserve it," Peter shook his head sadly. "They are the ones I seek."

"You're sick," the hunter edged closer to her bag.

"No! I'm getting justice!"

Brooklyn went for her bag but Peter was anticipating the hunter's very movements. He rushed over and snatched the bag seconds before her fingers curled around air.

"I'm very saddened you would want to hurt me," he saw the second gun and snapped it in half. "I also came here to extend an olive branch."

"I can think of a place where you can stick that branch."

"You know growing up we never got close to any hunter as Derek has done. You see my dear we stuck to our own, gathering during the wolf moon like many other packs across the land."

"Oh so touching," Brooklyn rolled her eyes. "Is this some tactic of yours to sell the bull that's coming out of your mouth? Because I'm not buying it."

"Well now," Peter exhaled, "This is quite the dilemma."

He looked up with a sinister hint in his eyes that cast a deep chill through the hunter's body.

"But you offer me no choice than to rescind my offer of a truce."

"Please," she snorted. "You wouldn't know what a truce was if it bit you in the ass."

"Your choice of words grates on my nerves," Peter cornered the hunter as his eyes glowed in the poor light of the room.

"Try it," Brooklyn challenged him. "Try and hurt me and Derek will kill you….."

"Your threats hold nothing," he grinned. "I'm faster, stronger, and more powerful than you."

"But you forget one thing about me," Brooklyn flashed her own wicked smile. Peter's face was masked in confusion as the hunter made her move. Brooklyn's knee shot up, crushing in between Peter's legs. The red vanished from his eyes as he clutched his injured body. It was like a baseball bat had been slammed into his body, shooting off bolts of pain from the lower depths to every nerve ending and muscle fiber.

"I'm smarter….."

Peter rolled around on the ground as Brooklyn causally stepped over the writhing body on the floor. Brooklyn grabbed her clothes and clicked the bathroom door shut. The Alpha growled as his body rebounded from Brooklyn's low blow. He shouldn't have expected anything less from her! His anger soared but Peter gained the upper hand and maintained composure over feral rage.