Chapter 73 - Help?

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

Conrad Fenris wasn't expecting to see the hunter standing in his office.

The good doctor heard the light rapping and almost immediately regretted the moment he stopped writing and lifted his head to see Brooklyn standing in the doorway.

"Whatever it is you want I don't know anything else," he instantly sprang from his seat with hands up in a defensive stance.

"What?" Brooklyn looked genuinely confused.

"Like I told those other two men I didn't know anything else!"

"What other men?" She didn't have to ask as she already knew the answer.

"Two guys barged in my office about a few days ago," the doctor sat back down, shaking over the encounter he had in that very office.

Several days before….

Fenris had finished up his last patient for the day when the insistent knocking startled him in his chair.

"Doctor Conrad Fenris," a tall lanky man addressed him. He was lightly tanned with rugged features that had been worn down with age. His eyes were laced with deep ugly circles, probably from lack of sleep. A second man was quietly at his side. A younger shorter blonde man with hair close cut was relaxing against the doorway with hands buried in the pockets of his jacket.

"And what is it I can help you gentlemen with?"

"We are looking for two fugitives and perhaps you had some information as to their whereabouts."

"And your names are…."

"We didn't say," the younger man responded curtly.

"I'm sorry gentlemen but if this is in regards to any patient of mine I cannot disclose any information due to doctor/patient confidentiality," Fenris wasn't comfortable being around the two strangers. He shifted in his seat as his heart picked up in pace.

"We didn't say we were here to discuss any patients," the older man spoke as the younger man softly closed the door behind them.

"I'm sorry gentlemen but I'm going to have to ask you to leave," Fenris reached for the phone but the taller man ripped from his reach.

"Maybe your memory needs a little jog," the smaller man reached inside his jacket and slid a photo across the cluttered desk. Fenris immediately recognized the two figures in the picture. It was Brooklyn and Derek.

"These two were at your house a few weeks ago," the older man went straight to the point. "You do realize the prison time you would serve for aiding and abetting two wanted murderers now don't you Doctor?"

"I don't help criminals," Fenris shot back.

"Then why don't you help us by telling us where they are? We won't tell the police what you know or the fact you saw and spoke with them."

"How did you two know they were at my house to start with?" Fenris felt his fear morph into suspicion as he looked at the two unwanted visitors. It was then he realized how they could've known: The vehicle that was outside his house that day!

"You know what," Fenris stood up and dialed his cell phone and hit send, "I think you two need to leave…..now."

"Yes, security," he started but the two men were out the door and vanished through the corridor.

Fenris hung up and rounded his desk to see the two had gone. He hastily shuffled papers and his laptop in his bag before taking the long way yet well traveled way to his car.