Chapter 82 - Final Nail

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

"My dad arrested Brook," Stiles pushed through the door.

"What? How?"

"He said they found her outside the vet clinic," Stiles saw as the sickening reality slammed Scott like a brick wall.

"She was leaving there after she and Jackson brought me there. She was going back to Derek's."

"You don't think Jackson sold her out do you?"

"No," Scott shook his head, "He would be stupid to do so. Besides I have a problem: My phone's missing."

"Where did you lose it?"

"I don't know," Scott started up the stairs and back to his room then promptly returned to his frantic search for his phone. Stiles perched himself backwards in a chair as he watched with silent amusement as Scott flung clothing from under bed and tossed the bedding around.

"Why don't you get another one?"

"I can't afford another one! Call it again!"

"It's not here," Stiles sighed.

"I can't do this alone! Brooklyn's in jail and Derek's freaking MIA!"

"You're not alone; you have me," Stiles smiled. "Besides didn't you say that Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead to me. Besides, let them do what they're planning on doing. They use Derek to get Peter problem solved."

"Not if Peter's going after Allison," Scott flung the clothing off to the side, disappointed to find his phone not in there either. "I need to find Derek! I can't protect Allison alone! I need to find him! And with Brooklyn locked up it's that much more important!"

Stiles rolled his eyes as Scott. An orange Nerf ball bounced off the side of his head which earned Scott another eye roll.

"Did you ever stop to think that you probably lost it when you two were fighting? You remember that? When he was trying to kill you? When you walked in on him nearly killing Brooklyn for trying to stop him from killing Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?"

The underlying anger laced Stiles' voice. When Scott described what Derek had done to the hunter, Stiles had to keep his anger in check. He would've never done that to her! Especially when she's pregnant! A part of him wasn't too upset to see Derek missing but he knew it was killing Brooklyn.

"He wasn't going to kill them," Scott defended the missing beta. "And I'm not going to let him die and let Brooklyn suffer behind bars."

"Could you at least maybe think about letting him die?" Stiles whined. "For me?"

"Is this because of what I told you? That he hurled Brooklyn in the wall? She told me that he was sorry, he hates himself for doing that to her. Brooklyn told me she felt his remorse. I know you're pissed at Derek for that but if that was Allison….."

"Scott," Stiles scratched his head, uncertain of what to say. "I know you want to help her but my dad has her under 24 hour surveillance. When the doctor's release her she's going back to the jail."

"Did they say anything about her baby?"

"They thought she was going to lose it but she didn't. They said there's a chance the baby may have suffered from the seizure."

"See! This is why we have to help her! Don't you get it Stiles? She's feeling what Derek's feeling! Whatever Allison's aunt is doing to him she's suffering too! Brooklyn doesn't deserve this. She helped me; she left Derek and helped me. So please, as her friend, help her."