"How did it go?!" I was so anxious to hear if this treatment was helping or not.

"It...actually went better than I expected," he replied, "I feel a lot calmer now after talking things through with Scott. I really think he could help me kick this thing."

I instantly felt a wave of relief wash over me as soon as I heard his words.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing!" I knew I was grinning from ear to ear, "You have no idea how happy I am to hear that, Harry!"

Harry chuckled. "I think I have a bit of an idea," he then sighed, "I do feel better, but I still miss you so much."

My face softened. "I miss you too, Harry. But next week, you're coming home again, remember?"

"Of course. And I can't wait," I knew he was smiling again, "I'm so excited to see you, Leah. And Piper, and our beautiful baby."

"We're all excited to see you too," I replied warmly, "especially Piper – as per usual."

"Is she around?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, your mum's just picked her up from school. She's giving her an afternoon snack right now."

"Can I speak to her?"

"Your mum?"

"No – Piper. Well, my mum too, I guess," Harry chuckled again.

"Oh," I giggled, "sure. Just give me a minute."

I rose to my feet and made my way to the dining room where Anne was sitting with Piper – who was munching on a cheese toastie.

"Piper?" I spoke with a smile, "Guess who wants to speak to you?"

"Who?" Piper asked through a mouth full of toastie.

"Come get the phone and see," my smile grew as I held the phone out to her.

Piper hopped off her chair and made her way over – carefully taking my phone with both hands and holding it to her ear.

"Hello?" She began – and then she let out a huge gasp straight after, "DADDY!" The brightest smile instantly spread across her face.

I chuckled fondly and watched as I heard Harry speak to her indistinctly.

"I'm good!" Piper spoke again with a giggle, "I miss you, daddy! When are you coming home? When next week?"

Piper listened patiently as Harry spoke again – but since Piper still wasn't quite used to holding a cell phone, she accidentally hit the speaker button somehow – and I could suddenly hear everything Harry was saying.

"Monday is only five sleeps away, Piper," he was telling her with a tender voice, "that's very, very soon, sweetheart."

"YAY!" Piper giggled again – seemingly unbothered by the fact that the call was now on speaker, "I'm gonna count every sleep!"

I heard Harry chuckle. "I'll be counting them too, Piper. I miss you so much."

His words instantly made Piper's whole face light up.

"I love you, daddy!" She said happily.

"I love you more, Piper," Harry replied warmly, "now, is it OK if I speak to Anne, my mum?"

"'Anne'?" Piper was momentarily confused, "You mean nana?"

"'Nana'?" Harry seemed surprised at Piper's new term for Anne, "Er...yeah, that's who I mean. Where is she?"

Anne chuckled and rose from the table to make her way over and let Piper give her the phone. She then took it off the speaker before holding it to her ear.