~Six~ *

***Edited October 2022***

A/N: WOWWW, this is a long-ass chapter :p sorry guys, lol

I don't even know the words to express Piper's delight and excitement for the remainder of Harry's show. She became absolutely overjoyed as soon as she heard him sing the very first lyrics of Carolina, and during her favourite 'la la la' part, she was singing along so loudly that she was almost screaming. And even with how many people were in the audience, Harry still looked back at Piper so many times during the show and smiled at her – and she would always erupt into a fit of delighted giggles whenever he did so. 

I didn't even take one moment to wonder if he ever glanced at me, too – because I was just overwhelmed with happiness at the fact that Piper was having the time of her life because of him. For the remainder of the night, all I wanted to do was thank him for making her so happy.

When the concert was over, Piper was still so ramped up about everything that she didn't even want to leave The Garage. It took her so long to realize that the show had finished, and we had to go home. In the end, what finally got her moving was me telling her that Harry had probably gone home, too.

It was absolute chaos outside once we'd finally left the building. Everyone was still talking animatedly about the concert, some people were still cheering even though the concert was long over, and a few girls were even crying – which I didn't blame them for at all – since the experience of seeing Harry for real is completely overwhelming. In fact, the only reason I wasn't crying was just because of how happy I was for Piper.

"Mummy, how many times do you think he looked at us?!" Piper was still so hyped and energetically bouncing in my arms as I carried her to the car.

"I don't know, Piper," I replied with a soft chuckle.

"He looked at us lots, mummy! Do you think he likes us?"

"I'm sure he likes you very much, pumpkin. Who wouldn't, after all? You're the sweetest little girl in the world," I kissed her cheek.

She giggled. "I think he liked you too, mummy!"

"If you say so, sweetheart," I unlocked the car and opened the back door – setting her down in her booster seat and starting to fasten her seatbelt.

"Mummy, where's my teddy?" She asked me, "I want my teddy."

"Your teddy's in your bag, pumpkin. I'll go get-" I cut myself off with a gasp as I reached behind me and was shocked to discover that Piper's backpack wasn't dangling off my shoulder, "oh my...oh my God..!"

"Are you okay, mummy?" Piper sounded concerned.

I'd put Piper's bag on the floor during the concert...and I left it there.

I fucking left Piper's bag on the floor.

"Damn it...damn it!" I cursed under my breath.

"Mummy, what's wrong?" Piper spoke up again.

"Nothing, darling," I replied quickly before I finished fastening her seatbelt, "you just be a good girl and stay in the car for me, okay? I'll be right back."

"Where are you going, mummy?" Piper asked.

"I'll be right back," I repeated myself and kissed her head, "you'll be okay. I'll be back really soon."

"Okay..." Piper nodded slowly.

I shut the door and locked my car before I turned and ran back towards The Garage – frantically pushing through everyone who was still leaving the building. I just wanted to get Piper's bag, and get back to her as soon as possible.