Staying Away Can Be Hard

Evvys pov

I snapped out of my daze when I felt arms encase me in a sweet, warm hug. They were all tingly and I couldn't help but shiver in delight at the wonderful feeling.

River, was running and yipping around in my head. Wow. No surprise there. She kept purring before I felt her trot off slightly. I figured she was going to the platform with Spike on. I know that she hates being away from him... Even when he rejected us... And I didn't really help with that...

...

...

...fuck... Poor River... I put her through so much more than needed...

I pulled back from the source of the tingles and untangled myself from them. I could still hear how River whimpered from the loss of contact but I shook the feeling...slightly... But I did feel bad for how I acted before so I didn't knock his hand off when it was placed on my knee.

It calmed her whimpers of sorrow and she purred gladly yet quietly, in delight, at the contact with our mate.

"Are you ok? How are you? I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. Spike took over. I should have controlled him better." he said as he checked me over for injuries. Clearly staying away wasn't that easy for him.

"I'm fine. Its okay. We all lose control sometimes. But ever try to pull something like that shit show again, I will cut you." I spoke firmly yet calm and polite. Even with a slight innocent act.

"Why?" was all he replied with

"Why?" I laughed dryly. "Because I was eventually going to accept you anyway so I might aswell not put myself through unnecessary pain when I was going to eventually accept you as my mate eventually." I finished.

"So it has nothing to do with what River was saying?" he smirked down at me.

Damn he knows her to well...

I sat up on the bed, expecting pain, but none came. Damn... That's much better.

I looked at him with a scowl before nodding stiffly.

He chuckled quietly before just staring at me. I took that as my opportunity to check him over. He looked like hell still, but this time, as I worked my eyes over his figure I notice his right hand was all bandaged.

I looked back up to him as soon as I saw him pull his sleeve down slightly, trying to cover it up. To late bucko!

'What is wrong with mate?" River asked me panicked... I could tell she cared deeply for him. So I had to try. And to be honest, I was already falling for him.
'I don't know, but I do intend to find out!'

I growled lowly before gently, taking his had in mine. I looked at it to see blood slightly seeping through. The bandages tinted a light crimson shade of red.

After seeing that, I decided to take a full on, good look, all over checking for any other injuries. I noticed that he had some dry blood under his nose, a busted lip and a cut straight across the top of what seemed to be his broken nose. His face was coming out in, pale bluey, greeny bruises.

I gasped and reached up to touch them. I placed my hand on the side of his cheek and he snuggled further into it. Enjoying the comfort of his mates touch. Tingles shot up my arm but I tried my best to ignore them. I had to focus on the task at hand.

"What happened?" I asked him. His eyes glazed over ever so slightly as he looked at me. He took my hand from his face and kissed my palm softly.
"It was nothing..." he said as he played with my fingers.
I looked at him in disbelief.

"Its obviously not, who did this?" I asked incredulously.
"I said that it was nothing." he ground out.
Well now I'm getting pissed.
"Who. Did. This. To. My. Mate?" I sounded out each word to him.

He smirked at me before saying "oh, so now I'm your mate." I just blew out a puff of air before turning back to look at him.
"Who?" he bit down on his lip before looking me straight in the eyes.
I knew he couldn't lie.  Not whilst looking in my eyes.
"Your dad" he let out in a harsh whisper.

I took a sharp intake of breath.
"He did this? Why?" I asked almost breathlessly. I felt like all the air had been knocked out of my lungs.
"Over-protective dad I guess" he smirked at me as he continued to play with my fingers on my left hand. Specifically the ring finger. I just ignored it.

I got up and out of the hospital bed and pulled the curtain shut.
"Step out a sec." and so he did.

I changed into the clothes I had come in. I placed my shoes one and then pulled the curtain open.
I looked over to the clock at the wall and noticed it was already 10 at night... Well.

I pressed the nurse buzzer and she came in along with doctor Kento.

"Well I see you decided to accept the mark?" he smirked. I nodded whilst smiling. He handed me some discharge papers which I signed. I walked out the hospital and began to walk home with Xavier by my side.

"What are you doing?" he asked, confusion written on his face.
I just smirked and continued to face forward. I shook my head left to right and smiled softly at myself.

"You'll see." was all I said.

After about 20 minutes we reached my house. I decided now would be a great time to get dad in trouble.

I walked through the front door, holding onto Xaviers hand as I pulled him in with me.

"Ooohhhh baby, are you ok? Your father said you were ill. Are you ok sweetheart?" I nodded smiled as she came around the corner. What she didn't expect was for Xavier to be next to me.

She smiled politely at him before gasping.

Well she noticed.

SHOW TIME

yes chirrens, i am gonna leave it there cuz I'm evil!

So, Chirrens, thanks for the 5k but where are all the entry's for the character openings?! C'mon, I thought it was a good idea...

Any way!

VINE OF THE DAY!

SKIDDADLE SKIDDOODLE YOUR DICK IS NOW A NOODLE!