One

Silas sauntered into the class room, she wasn't even sure what this class was called, psychology? Philosophy? Something like that. All the art students needed an extra 12 credit class and there were only 2 to choose from that actually fit into their schedules. Admittedly she just made an x in one of the 2 blocks on the elective form and got on with her day.

But now it was months later, summer was over and her third year of university had started and on top of her weird hours she now had the inconvenience of this extra class twice a week were attendance counted for 35% of the grade.

She looked around seeing art students from different streams, photography, fashion design, animation and fine art. She smiled slightly looking at everyone's annoyed expressions, at least she didn't have to endure this alone.

She felt someone grab her shoulder, "you picked this one too?"

Silas smiled up at her friend Jordan, "yeah I guess."

They each took a seat in the middle row were some of their friends sat.

A middle aged woman standing in front of the class cleared her throat, and smiled as everyone got settled.

Silas raised her eyebrows in surprise as she looked at the woman. She was stunning. She smiled to herself, at least the lecturer was hot.

"Good Afternoon everyone. I'm Professor Sarah Paulson, but you can all just call me Sarah. Welcome to Philosophical thinking."

She paused looking over at the class, it was much smaller than the other classes she was used to at the university she used to work for. She was used to hundreds in a class but now she had about 50 at most.

"Now I know, you all feel like this is a waste of time and you could all be painting or whatever it is you artists do," the students chuckled, "but, I hope that you all might find my class interesting and I hope it can open your mind to new and different ways of thinking and looking at things."

Sarah leaned against the desk, "Now, as you know attendance counts but that's the universities choice not mine, as far as I'm concerned if you don't want to be here that's on you I'm not going to force you. My office is room 142 right here in the art block and my office hours are between 10 and 12 every Monday and Tuesday, so let's jump right in shall we?"

___

As soon as Silas walked into her apartment she was greeted by her roommate Thomas

"Dont bother getting into your pj's we're going out."

Silas groaned, "I'm tired Tom."

"So am I but it's Friday, we've been back at school for almost a week and we need to do something. So get dressed we're going downtown."

Hours later Silas was sat at the bar, more than a few shots in, her friends kept shoving alcohol at her so she'd stop mopping over the ridiculous entrance fee they all had to pay to get into the club.

"Come on let's dance!" One of her friends yelled over the music, she couldn't really tell who it was since everything was blurry but she took their hand and stumbled to the dance floor.

The music was blasting, purple and blue lights flashed over the people on the dance floor. Silas felt hazy.

"Hey! You're really pretty," a blonde woman slurred into her ear, Silas could see a big smile on the woman's slightly blurred face. "Wanna dance?"