Chapter 21 The pain of a first love

Snow fell heavy down at the white colored world below as two figures walked through the empty snowing streets. Bodies forcing themselves to continue on against the harsh cold winds. A young girl pulled up her scarf higher up as she held tightly on to the hand of the person in front of her. Her long silver-blueish hair danced in the wind behind her like a pair of birds wings. Her heart racing in short panic making her feel weak and helpless. As she stared up at the back of the person's head in front of her heart began to with a new feeling of security. His strength continuing to pull them forward becoming the wings to her freedom. Staring at him her eyes drifted over to their joined hands with a tight squeeze which he had returned with the same strength. No words having to be said between the two as they continued on. The warmth from his hand is the only thing she needed. 

I never want to let go of this hand.

~~~

Red eyes met blue as the two stared at one another before Miyu broke the silence with an expressionless face.

"You don't like them?" She asked him who stared up at him tilting her head to the side.

"No, I think you resemble a cat sometimes," Natsume responded back placing his hands in his pockets.

"eh? I thought you were the one who was the troublesome cat between the two of us. A pair of black cat ears and tail would really suit you." Miyu said her eyes scanning up and down his body as she imagines a pair of fluffy black ears and a tail flicking back and forth. Nodding to herself in approval of the appearance in her head she let out a small gasp in pain as she felt a hand hit the top of her head.

"Don't image such weird things, Baka." Natsume frowned clearly knowing what she was imagining in her head. 

"Natsume..." Miyu traced off staring up at him with a hand rubbing the top of her head. 

"What?" 

"Are you a masochist?" With a pulsing angry vein, the young boy reached up with both hands gripping on to her cheeks as he began to pull at them.

"You, Who's teaching you these words?" He asked her angrily with a dark expression as he pulled harder.

"Ita! Let go!' Miyu cried out lowly as she tried to move away from his grasp only stopping when moving made the pain worse. Staring at the two in disbelief Ruka stood a distance away from them as he held Yoichi in his arms. After having his full of squeezing and pulling her cheeks Natsume pulled away with a sigh almost seeming bored as he put his hands in his pockets. On the other hand, Miyu stood with a silent pout rubbing her red abused cheeks. 

"Miyu-chan!" A voice called out behind them, turning Miyu's eyes met the overly happy eyes of Mikan and Tsubasa. Seeing the idiot rushing over to her Miyu let out a shiver appearing like a frightened cat. To her, there was still something frightening and hating about the too hyper child which was Mikan Sakura.  

"Miyu-chan, you came!" Mikan cheerfully said going for a tackling hug before Miyu moved swiftly aside making the young girl fall face flat on the ground. Springing back to life Mikan jumped back up before clinging on to Miyu's arm.

"Let go, ugly," Miyu demanded with a glare to the bubbly girl who stuck to her like glue with a happy smile on her face. 

"Ugh."

"Eh? Miyu-chan, what happened to your cheeks?" Tsubasa asked her curiously standing up beside her as he patted her head. Flinching Tsubasa let out a shiver as he felt a cold ominous stare at his back. Turning his eyes widen as he met a pair of red eyes glaring up at him. Oh, this is interesting...  Tsubasa thought with a silent chuckle before pulling Miyu closer to him which resulted in the glare intensifying.