chapter 18

"Ming Lan-chan !" A childhood voice yelled out as a figure with long blonde hair sat on a bed inside of the large bird cage shaped cage . Hung from one of the large tree branches .  The tree it self was humongous standing high up its tallest branched where she was caged in was covered by the clouds . Only allowing her very few times to catch glimpses of the world below when the clouds would drift somewhere else .

If only someone below could see her , but no one would dare to see up into the tree if they could see her even if they could see that high up . It was the kings palace home after all .

"Ming Lan !" The same voice yelled out with a whine pouting

"Ming Lan !" The same voice yelled out with a whine pouting . A girl with short purple hair stood on the other side . Staring through the gold bars at the girl inside .

"Don't bother,Rhythm.  she won't reply to you . She's been silent seen she was brought here ."  A voice said as a boy with dark brown hair and red eyes emerged from the shadows with a smile .

"Zess! " Rhythm yelled out surprised and panicked to see him there .

"You won't tell the others I was here, will you ?! Please Zess don't do it !" She begged him worried. 

"Oh yess, I forgot the king told us no one is allowed up here.  I can see why ." He said with a small frown his eyes falling on the girl in the cage before walking up to the bars .

"He enchanted the cage so not everyone can get in ." He said with a smirk before he walked up to Rhythm 's shadow stepping on it . Closing his eyes he began sinking into the shadow on the ground before reappearing inside the cage from the girl's shadow on the floor .

"Your lucky the sun's still out ." He said with a closed eyed smile .
"No fair , Zess !" Rhythm pouted clenching her fists as she pressed her face between the bars of the cage .

"No then ." He turned around facing the girl , who faced away from him ignoring his presence .

"Ming Lan, no Miyu ." He said walking up to the bed . Turning her head over her shoulders , his eyes widen slightly seeing the hollow look in her eyes . Looking like an empty shell .

"The king really did leave no chances this time . " He muttered to himself taking a sit on the bed .

"He used that gift on you didn't he ? The puppet one . Even making you change your appearance like that ." He said to Miyu as he reached out taking a piece of her long blonde hair .

"But your not like this any more . Your no longer that doll he created. You grew up, left this place and changed. In a way none of us can do that . To change you back to this appearance is cruel almost . Your blue hair suits you better ." He said with a bitter smile before kissing her lock of hair before looking up at her face . Surprised when he saw a tear fall down her cheek.

" Yoichi." She left the word fall off her mouth before she gasped out falling back silent . As if there were a inner struggle going on inside her at the moment .

"I see , would you like to see him . Your son ?"

                                           ~~~~~~~~~

"We need to find , Miyu !" Natsume yelled out angrily as he pulled at the cuffs on his wrists , keeping him from getting off the hospital bed .

"We are doing our best, Natsume . All we can do is wait ." Narumi tired to reason with the child glaring at him angrily ever since he first woke up .

"Bullshit ! I thought you cared about , Miyu ! You lying bastard !" He yelled out at him , something in Narumi 's eyes snapped as he raised his hand to slap Natsume before stopping just in time pulling his hand away . Looking down at the ground his bangs covering his face as his hands clenched at his sides trembling .

"Don't you dare tell me I don't care about her . You don't know what we've been through, Miyu and I . Something you will never understand . I suggest you calm down before I do something I won't regret . I'll come back in An hour ." Narumi said in a calm voice before walking out of the room slamming the door shut behind him .

"Damn it ! " Natsume yelled out frustrated falling back on his hospital bed .

"Baka! Why did you have to go on and leave like that ?" Natsume said out loud with a frown as the image of her last smile rushed through his head .

"You better be alive ."

"Oh she's more than alive ." A voice answered him with a small chuckle . Quickly looking up across the room he saw a dark haired teen age boy standing there behind him stood another boy around the same age wearing a white mask .

"Bonjour ! You must be Natsume! Ming Lan, has been wanting to see you ."

                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting on the bed, Miyu reached out as a white butterfly flew in her direction . Landing on her hand she pulled back suddenly as the butterfly shifted larger before instead of the butterfly stood the king himself . Grinning he grabbed on to her hair yanking her forward into him crushing there lips together .

"Its so good to have you back , my little fire bird. " He whispered into her ear before her eyes shut closed trying to ignore what was going on . His hand touching lightly on her skin before she fell back on the bed . Feeling his above her , she turned her head away from him . It wasn't long before he got off taking a sit besides her .

"I'm not a fan of forcing people to do what I want . It won't matter soon anyways . I'd never touch you like that anyways . I love you too much to touch you . I don't think that makes since . Maybe because you've been with me for so long . Or because your that women's successor . That women and that man's ." He said with a small frown . Opening her eyes she gazed up at his face .

"King ." She whispered to him .

"I see you can still speak . Your much more stronger than before . Maybe you can even beat me ." He told her brightly before standing up .

"I'll see you later than , Ming Lan ." He said pretty before leaving.  Sitting  up she gazed down at her clenched hands . Staying there with what seemed like hours .

"Mama!" A voice yelled out . Her eyes widen at the sound of the voice . Gazing up her eyes teared up as she saw the familiar small boy standing in front of the gold bars .

" Youichi!" She yelled out with tears streaming down her eyes as found a new strength inside her rushing up to the bars . Putting her hands through the bars she cupped his face bringing him as close as she could .

"How did you get here ?"  Her eyes widen when she saw Natsume rushing up to the bars . Holding something dark like a game  card In his hand . Pressing the card on the bar door . An invisible barrier sparked blue before disappearing as the bar door opened up . Opening it Youichi rushed into her arms . Crying she hugged him tightly , gazing up she watched with  a bitter smile as Natsume walked up to them .

"You found me ." She said before gasping out as he pulled her and Youichi into his arms in a hug .

"I'll always find you ."

????????????????????????

Hey guys I sorry for the late update but I hope you like it . Staring in the next chapter it'll go back to the period frame on the manga series . 

While I was rewatching sword art online I came up with the idea of this chapter . So ya ! It's one of my fav anime shows so yep . Lol  sad part is I have yet to seen the movie ! Guys have any of u seen it ?! Is it good ?! I need to watch it . T_T

See you
Alice