Chapter 20 Cultural Festival

The stars in the night sky shined brightly alongside the bright full moon. Sitting on the roof of the Miyu gazed up at the stars silently. The night wind ruffling her hair, swaying behind her as it danced in the wind.

Hugging her legs to her chest she sighed lightly as her eyes shifted to the full moon. Her heart feeling a small ace when she remembered that many years ago the moon had symbolized him. His brother and he were very much like Ying and Yang. While his brother was the sun he had been the moon.

Cupping her hands together she crossed her eyes as in a silent prayer before her she opened her eyes. A smile came across her face as she uncapped her hands to see a small little blue bird in her hands. Chirping happily the bird tilted to its head before she let it move to her index finger bringing it close to her face. Petting it's small head with her fingertips she whistled lightly to the bird. The bird listening quietly to her as if it understood her. Stretching out her hand to the sky the bluebird gazed once more at her before it flew up into the sky up straight to the shining moon.

This is my offering to you ... She thought with a small bitter smile as his face crossed her mind.

"Miyu ?" A voice asked turning her head she smiled lightly when she spotted Natsume standing in perfect balance on the roof before walking his way over to her taking a seat beside her.

"What are you doing here ?" He asked her turning his head to her, gazing up at the sky she smiled as she stared up at the stars.

"Looking up at the stars, no matter how years pass there still there to keep me company," Miyu said with a smile turning to gaze back at Natsume.

"Do you ever miss them ?" Natsume asked suddenly, confused she gazed at him before her eyes widen realizing what he was talking about.

"Of course I do...they were my family," Miyu answered him before gazing up at the moon.

"If all that wouldn't have happened, you would still be living with them now. Wouldn't you?" Natsume asked her not help but feel slightly jealous of the two brothers who still held a piece of her heart throughout all these years.

"Things happen for a reason. I wouldn't have left that place, I wouldn't have come here. I wouldn't have met Eichi and I would have never had my little boy. It was sad when I lost him but I would have still had chosen this path." Miyu said as a gentle smile appeared on her face.

"Even when he died?" Natsume asked her clenching his fists.

"He sacrificed his life for me to live, I live this long life for him now," Miyu told him placing her hand on her chest before gazing over at him with a smile.

"Besides He's not completely dead," Miyu said with a secretive smile.

"What do you mean?" Natsume asked her before she stood up looking up at the moon one last time before smiling down at him reaching her hand to help him stand up.

"You'll know later on. Come on, we should get some sleep. We have school tomorrow." Miyu reminded him before walking away sliding inside the open bedroom window. Gazing at her silently Natsume gazed up at the moon watching with a strange feeling in his chest as he watched the small blue bird flying near the moon.

What is this feeling? For some reason, it feels familiar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miyu, Your back!" An overly excited voice yelled out cheerfully as a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her.

"ugh," Miyu muttered as she pulled herself away from the arms as students began crowding around the two as the students caught sight of her standing in the open doorway.