The Guilt With Kissing | Chapter Five

Over the next few weeks, Brendon and Ryan spent time together. Ryan had only proved to be a bit more than just the rich kid stereotype. While he tried to convince Brendon that he was more than just an overflowing wallet, he also tried to woo him romantically.

Brendon was starting to get used to elaborate bouquets of flowers laying beside the door to his apartment. He was even getting used to the romantic notes Ryan put beside them. Yet, they couldn't conjure even the slightest of butterflies in his stomach. He never blushed, or even really outwardly showed that he liked them.

But he did, in a way. He appreciated the gesture.

Rose petals were delicate, just like his heart. And he surely wasn't planning on giving that away.

During this time, Dallon mustered up the courage to still hang around with him, despite his embarrassment. It was clear to Brendon that his infatuation still hadn't gone away. He felt bad for him.

Every night after they were done stripping, they would talk to each other before going home. Tonight, Brendon was feeling kind of excited. Apparently Ryan had a surprise for him, and the possibilites were endless.

"Do you got any plans for tomorrow?" Dallon asked, shutting his locker.

"Yeah, going out again with Ryan," Brendon answered. He didn't notice Dallon's face falling. But then again, even if he did, what would he have done?

"You two are really getting on," Dallon laughed sadly. It was clear this was hurting him.

"Don't be sad. He doesn't mean anything to me," he explained. He turned to face his friend, who still looked sad.

"You don't care for anyone, do you?"

"I didn't say that." In one quick movement, he pressed his lips against Dallon's eager ones. It seemed Dallon forgot about the situation, as he pulled Brendon closer, resting his hands on his hips.

Brendon didn't know why he did it. He didn't love Dallon, and he wasn't interested in sex either. He figured that maybe he was trying to make him feel better, but wouldn't it do the opposite?

Dallon pulled away first, his eyes snapping open. He also removed his hands. "Brendon," he breathed.

"God, I'm sorry," he apologized. He turned away from him.

"Why'd you do that?"

Brendon felt guilt rise up in him. "I thought it would make you feel better," he choked out. "I'm sorry for playing with your feelings."

"It's fine," Dallon replied distantly. "Just... I didn't mind that."

He was confused. "What?"

"If I can't have you, can we just pretend a little?" Dallon practically begged. His pleading eyes and beautiful mouth is what set him off. He pulled Dallon in, kissing him with all he had. If this is what he wanted, he would give it to him.

Besides, Brendon knew himself. He knew his plan with Ryan, how he was going to mess with him. This was just him reassuring Dallon he felt nothing for Ryan. Besides, he couldn't deny how good it was to kiss him.

Brendon had never kissed Ryan, mainly because he had blocked his advances. He hasn't really kissed anyone like this since he was a teen. He remembered why he used to love it so much.

He broke the kiss, panting. "Yeah, I don't mind pretending."

Dallon sent him a shy smile, and it still felt wrong. God, he was leading Dallon on. He probably thought he could warm Brendon up to the idea of dating, but the truth was, he couldn't. He just kissed Dallon because it was fun.