"I'll leave you to your writing then," Perrie said, pressing a kiss to Jade's forehead and retreating back out the door, shutting it behind her. 

Once Perrie was out, Jade sank back into her chair, dragging a hand down her face in frustration. It wasn't like she didn't want to spend time with Perrie. She didn't mean to cancel all their plans. This book could be her big break, and Perrie knows that. She understands. 

After all, no one knows Jade better than Perrie. 

Jade sighed, looking down at her wedding ring. "I'm sorry Pez," she whispered, pressing her lips to the ring. She picked up the pencil, pressing the tip against the paper. As if like magic, the words started following through her pencil onto the paper. 

She slid down the wall, her hands fisted in her hair. Tear tracks were permanently stained upon her rosy cheeks, and her once bright green eyes no longer sparkled ... 

"She can't make it," Perrie said heavily. 

"I'm sorry Pez," Leigh Anne replied over the phone. "I really am."

"It's not your fault," Perrie sighed. "Hell, it's not even Jade's fault. This book is driving her insane. It's all she's been talking about."

"You know how Jade is," Leigh Anne reasoned. "You two will be back to fucking after she releases the book."

"Leigh!" Perrie scolded. "I just miss her, that's all."

"My poor poor friend," Leigh Anne sighed. 

Perrie rolled her eyes. "Whatever, I have to start making dinner for us," she said. "It has to be perfect."

"Ooh, a sexy stay at home dinner," Leigh Anne said. "Maybe you'll eat each other instead of the dinner."

"Leigh I'm hanging up now," Perrie hissed, pressing the end button on her phone. 

Once Perrie set her phone down on the counter, a tear drop landed on the case. Perrie sniffed, turning to grab a tissue from the counter next to the sink. 

It wasn't Jade's fault she was missing so much. Her manager was constantly breathing down her neck, setting strict and almost unreachable deadlines. It was a wonder Jade had published anything under him. 

It was just that Jade had missed so much. Earlier this week Perrie's best friend of 10 years, was moving across the seas to the UK to be with her family. It was understandable, and Perrie couldn't help but feel sad. 

So, Perrie had said goodbye to Ellie at the airport by herself. Jade had been too busy to come. Perrie didn't think Jade even knew that Ellie was gone. 

Perrie grabbed her phone to call Ellie, forgetting that she'd be asleep right now, seeing as she was 5 hours ahead of the blonde. 

When it went to voicemail, Perrie just sighed. "I miss you Ellie. Call me when you can," she said, another tear rolling down her cheek. 

Perrie set her phone down again, and glanced at a picture hanging over their dining table. It was taken the day Jade and Perrie had gotten married. Their eyes were shining, their faces flush with happiness as they smiled for the camera, their family and friends surrounding them. 

It was the best day of Perrie's life. 

There was a thump from upstairs. "You okay love?" Perrie called. 

"Yeah, just stubbed my toe," came Jade's faint reply. Perrie's lips curved up in a slight smile. 

"You sure you didn't bang your head on the table?" Perrie called back, already knowing the answer.