Mundane (Jerrie)

Hello everyone! I hope you all are having an amazing summer so far, even though back to school season is right around the corner (blegh). Anyways, since I don't have a ton of inspiration for much right now, here's a quick ball of Jerrie fluff for you to fulfill any and all of your needs. 

Also, if the rumors are true about Perrie being in labor a month early, than I wish her a safe and healthy delivery <3

It was just past eight o'clock on a Friday, and the sun was setting in the August sky. Inside a little house on a cul de sac, Jade Thirlwall was sprawled on the couch with her head on her wife's lap. Perrie was running her fingers through the brunette's hair as they watched a random show on the flatscreen tv mounted above a crackling fireplace. 

Underneath this mundane moment, this absolutely ordinary way to spend an evening, was the unshakable joy Jade felt whenever she got to spend time with Perrie. As if sensing her contented thoughts, the blonde looked down to meet her eyes and gave her a soft smile. 

How did I get so lucky? Jade wondered, gazing up at her love's face. 

They stayed like this for another couple hours, then decided to turn themselves in for the night. Perrie stood, helped Jade up, then grabbed their empty wine glasses to deposit into the kitchen sink before making her way upstairs. Poor Hatchi was disturbed by their movement, and let out a yip as he awoke. Jade glanced behind her and wasn't surprised to find Mickey, their beautiful little tuxedo cat, still fast asleep on the back of the couch. 

She heard the soft sound of footsteps behind her, and smiled when she felt Perrie's arms snake around her torso from behind. 

"Hey," Perrie murmured, resting her head on Jade's shoulder, "ready for bed?"

Jade nodded, and led her wife upstairs to their bedroom. She squeezed her hand, then went into the bathroom to freshen up before bed. Once she was done, she padded back into the bedroom and tapped Perrie on the shoulder, to let her know it was her turn in the bathroom. Once she'd changed into her pajamas, she slipped between the sheets and relished the cool feel of the cotton on her skin. It was nights like these when she appreciated the light sheets and air conditioning extra. 

She grabbed her book, turned on a lamp, and began to read. Soon after, Perrie reappeared out of the bathroom and slid into bed beside Jade. "How is it?" She asked, nodding at the book. 

"Really good," Jade replied, glancing away from the page. "I think there's about to be a huge plot twist to solve this mystery."

Perrie let out a breath of understanding and nodded her head. "Well, your instincts are usually spot on with those murder mysteries, so I wouldn't be surprised if you're right," she chuckled, reaching over to grab her own book. 

Jade grinned, unable to stop the butterflies from taking flight in her stomach at the easy compliment. "Starting a new book?" She noted, watching as the blonde flipped to the very first page. 

She nodded. "Another comedy. I'll never understand how you can read such dark books right before bed." She shivered, to prove her point. 

"Idiot." Jade felt like her face was about to fall off from smiling so wide. She would never understand how the simplest, most mundane things in the world with Perrie never failed to send her onto cloud nice. 

It had always been like that with their relationship, even after two years of dating, a short engagement and three years of marriage. For Jade, the honeymoon phase had started the moment they began dating, and hadn't ever ended. 

Lost in her thoughts, she watched Perrie's mouth move, but didn't register the words. The blonde snapped her fingers, and Jade jumped. 

"Get lost in your own world again?" She asked teasingly. Jade nodded, and her wife began to grin. 

"What was it this time?" She said. "Theorizing about the solution to this murder mystery? Or about writing one of your own?"

Jade shook her head. "Just, how much I love you," she answered, reaching over to stroke Perrie's hair. At her response, the blonde's smile stretched wide.

"I love you too," she replied easily, grabbing the brunette's hand and kissing it. In response, Jade reached for Perrie's hand to kiss. 

After the sweet exchange, Jade and Perrie leaned back into their respective pillows to read for a bit before they fell asleep. As always, the feeling of unbound happiness washed over Jade as she looked at her wife. After a little bit they placed their books on their nightstand and turned their lamps off. They whispered their I love you's into the darkness before sinking into the pillows, finding comfort in each other's presence. 

Jade found herself unable to sleep for a minute, and she was unable to stifle the glee she felt at laying beside the woman she loved, that she got to do that every night for the rest of her life. Even now as she fell asleep, under the most mundane of circumstances, after a completely normal night, she felt like the luckiest woman in the world. 

Well, there you have it! An extremely fluffy one shot. Short and sweet, as they say. Hope you enjoyed :)))))))