Update *IMPORTANT*

So... I'm still alive. And hopefully the people who read Not As It Seems will see this.

I've got a lot of explaining to do.

I'm gonna continue the story. I just haven't found enough time to continue. I have a LOT of the next chapter written out and planned but the act of writing it out is where I get stumped. I still get notifications that someone voted and commented on my story and it makes me happy but I have not had the chance to continue writing. I'm juggling so many things, a boyfriend, my mental health, my physical health, my mom's health, dealing with abuse and so much more. I'm so SO sorry it has taken so long for me to put out another chapter. I'm gonna try my hardest to find the time to write.

I love each and every one of you. You have created an outlet for me to escape the world and create one for you guys. I'm sorry I haven't updated and I'm gonna try to reply to comments more often.

I feel like you guys deserved this update and I'm sorry the wait for this update was so long.

Chapter 17 will get completed. I will continue the book. I am so sorry and I thank you all for being patient for this update.

-

In other news, I'm sure you've heard by now that the legend Stan Lee has passed away. My heart is heavy each and every time I remember that he is no longer with us.

Stan Lee has made a huge impact in my life, he helped me get closer to my dad when he was still alive.

I'm sorry for Stan Lee's passing, he was a true hero to all.

I know you are wondering g why I mentioned him but he created Spider-Man. Without him, this book would not exist. I just wanted to give a little remembrance for him.

Again, I'm sorry for the long wait of this explanation and I hope you guys are excited for the next chapter.

I love you all,
~ Gene