Five: Hugo/ Cameron

A/N: This book was always intended to be a little darker. These characters have all been through some sh*t before. They're going to be going through even more. This is to say that this is really where it all starts. I'm really not going to have lovey dovey crap in this book. I need to write how I've been feeling, and I feel like crap. I have had this story planned for about a year and a half. I guess before I was too happy to write this. Lucky for me, I can never stay happy for more than 5 minutes. The thing that will not be in here, is what happened to Perry in his book. No violations of the body like that. But, some other pretty sensitive topics will be brought up. 

Hugo

"Are you sure we have everything?" I watched a nervous Cameron continue to pace around the room. He kept running his hands through his curly blonde hair, making it stand up even more.

"We do, don't worry."

"What if we forgot something? Will they still let us take him if we forgot something? Oh god, do we have the car seat?"

Standing up, I wrapped my arms around his shaking body and looked into his stressed brown eyes. "Cameron, take a deep breath. We brought everything with us including a car seat, which is in the car. I know you're nervous because so am I. But we've been waiting a long time for this, and we're finally going to be parents."

He smiled as his eyes got misty. "We really are."

"Cameron and Hugo." We turned to see Nellie, the woman helping us since day of our adoption, smiling from the side room. "He's ready to go."

I gave Cam another smile before grabbing his hand. We then walked after Nellie, who was taking us to our son. It had taken quite a bit of time for this adoption to even happen, mainly because we're two gay men. But when it did happen, everything seemed to happen almost overnight. Nellie had called us with a match and just like that our lives were about to change.

The baby that was about to be ours was currently sleeping, and looked adorable. Nellie was a little concerned because our baby has Downs Syndrome, and she was worried that was going to be an issue. It was definitely not an issue, and neither Cam or myself would say no to a baby because of that. The only thing I was worried about a little was when he was older, if people would make fun of him. Not only because of his Downs Syndrome, but because his parents and one set of grandparents were gay men. I was going to try everything I could to make sure no one would ever hurt him, mentally or physically.

When we finally walked over to the crib he was sleeping in, my eyes started to water. He was simply so beautiful, I couldn't believe the time had actually come for us to be parents. It took almost six years, but our little boy was finally here.

Nellie gently picked him up and placed him into Cam's arms, who instantly started to cry. I watched Cam kiss our baby's head before holding him close to his body. When my husband handed our son over to me, I smiled while taking his tiny body into my hands. Seeing his little face made all these years of torture worth it.

"Hi Huck," I whispered while kissing his little cheek. "I love you so much."

After that Nellie helped us load everything up and we were able to take our son home. The drive home was quiet, mainly because Cam was sitting next to Huck's car seat and watching him the entire time. After pulling into our driveway, I smiled while seeing all the cars of our friends and family.

We took Huck carefully inside, seeing everyone already anxiously waiting. My eyes instantly landed on my Mom, who walked over and started crying when she saw her grandson. "Oh look at those eyes," she said as Huck woke up and looked at her.