24 - Monty's Mistake

Start from the beginning

"Not a lot really. I should probably head back to England but I can't be bothered getting onto a plane. Luke will have a fit when he realizes I'm not there."

"Sounds like your living a bit carefree at the moment."

"You could say that." Before I could respond, Tom had leaned down and locked lips with me. I'm startled at first but I end up slowly melting into and kissing him back. However i quickly push him back when i hear the front door open and shoot him a apologetic glance and he smiles back at me.

I turn to see my dad and Luke walking in. "Morning guys."

"Morning." They reply in unison.

"Dad would it be alright if I go out today?"

"Sure. I don't see why you can't." Dad replied. "Are you going to go by yourself?"

"I was thinking of asking Tom to come with me...." I trail off and look towards Tom who had a passive look on his face.

"To which I would gladly accept." Tom said with a smile. 

"Ok well just give us a ring when you'll be back."

"Ok. Love you dad. I'll see you guys later." I walk out the front with Tom behind me and down to the curb where my car sat. Now this car really was mine. I missed driving it. A red Ford Fusion. My Baby. 

We get into the car and I drive to Bronty's. I did after all promise to see Monty today. It takes us roughly 20 to 30 minutes to get there and i park out front before turning the car off. 

I walk in and once again greeted with the sweet smell of freshly baked bread and cakes. Tom told me that he was going to go and sit down and I nodded before walking to the counter. "Monty! Are you in here?" 

It took a few minutes but he finally poked his head through the doorway and smiled when he saw me. He walked out and around the counter embracing me in a hug. "Wondered when you would get here." I hugged him back and took a deep breath in except something was off. He didn't smell of the usual cologne he normally wore. He smelled more..... feminine.

"Monty!" Brendon's voice rang out from the as he came into view holding onto the arm of a brunette woman. "What is she doing here?" 

"Let go of my arm! Your hurting me!" The brunette shouted. Because it wasn't quite the lunchtime rush, Brendon let go of the woman's arm and walked to the door and put up the Back in 15 minutes sign. 

"Care to explain why she is here, Monty?" I was still hugged into Monty's chest and seemed invisible to Brendon. The woman noticed me though and seemed to be giving a death glare. I was a bit shocked and unsure how to handle the situation.

"I don't know what she is doing here." Monty replied to his brother. 

"Monty! How could you say that! You invited me here. Don't you remember?" The woman shouted obviously pining for attention. She walked closer and I moved away from Monty, more afraid of what she would do to me if she got her hands on me. "And who are you?" She turned to me.

"I'm Lani.... Monty's girlfriend." She looked at me as if assessing me and then back at Monty.

"You and her?" Monty seemed to glare at her as if to tell her that that was far enough. "'Oh this is rich." She turns to me again. "Did he happen to tell you that we have been in a relationship for the past year? Quite the charmer I'm sure but he's taken." Her voice was filled with rage. I sorta shrunk back a bit. He hadn't changed since the last time execpt it is me he is cheating with and not on. I looked at Monty and his head was hung and he was shaking it slightly.

"You neglected to tell me that? How could you Monty? Here I thought you has changed, but you really haven't." I could see my vision starting to blur once more as tears filled my eyes. He looks up at me.

"Lani I-"

"I don't want to hear it Monty. I'm leaving. I don't even know why i bothered. Your just like every other guy out there. You haven't changed since what happened last time. Still the same guy who sleeps around as much as he can." With that i turn and storm out of the cafe with Monty yelling after me but I ignore him. I'm such an idiot. How could I have believed that he had changed?

I walk to my car and get in but don't turn it on. I just sit in the driver seat tapping my fingertips on the steering wheel. I jump slightly as the passenger door opens and Tom sits down on the chair but keeps his door open. "Am I really that bad that guys need to go to someone else?" I ask without looking at him.

"Of course not Lani! He's the one who is at fault not you. And can i point out that not every guy that you have gone out with has slept around with other women while in a relationship with you." He did have a point. He hadn't slept around even though at first i thought he had.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I'm just... It's just..." I lean my head on the steering wheel and sigh. "The second time. The second time that he has done that. I thought he had changed. I guess i thought wrong."

He sat there silently and I looked at him turning my head slightly. He had a  sympathetic look on his face and i couldn't help but smile at him. 

"Do you want me to drive home instead?" He asked. I nod my head and we get out of the car and swap places. He starts the car and starts off towards home. I lean on my door and watch the houses go by. I feel my eyes start to droop and I don't fight the sleepy feeling. Slowly but surely i fall asleep with my head against the window, listening to the hum of the engine, the wind pushing against the window and the steady breathing of Tom and I combined. 

A/N: Hey guys. I know this took a bit longer to get done and I have been out most of the day so I figured i should at least try to get one chapter written up for you guys today. Just a note of warning that next week I may not be able to update as often as I am because of Trial exams and such but i will try my best to keep up with the story. Anyway tell me what you think :)

------> Picture of Lani's car to the side :)

~Z