There is silence, and I almost hang up in a fit of rage, but his voice fills the line.

"Okay."

I hang up seconds later with a sense of achievement. I bring my drink to my lips and once the glass is away from my face, I eye my friends.

"What?" I ask, to which they all stare at me in astonishment.

"Did you just get Austin Wood to agree to decorating for the holidays?"

I nod my head, causing Mahalia and Brent to exchange an unreadable look.

I don't dwell on their reactions too much. All I had to worry about was waking up in time. And not being totally hungover. Both of which will be an obstacle for a fine Saturday morning.

•———•

Hangovers brought me back to the simple times. The years when I peaked in adolescent rebellion with Dane himself. But now I felt too old to be hugging onto an innocent pillow with a raging headache and the need to vomit.

I hadn't forgotten my plans with Austin despite how shitfaced I'd already been by the time I'd made them.

"You're taking over the bed," I mumble as I kick Thea in the leg.

She groans tiredly while shifting over and throwing her arms over my body. "Suck a dick," she responds

I raise my finger and flip her off just as my door creaks open.

"Now if you two weren't so hungover, I might think this picture was cute," gram chuckles.

Thea mumbles incoherently, making me mumble back in  response to whatever the fuck she said.

"I don't know, I think it's rather adorable."

Thea and I both jerk upwards at Austin's voice before Thea falls back in disinterest.

"I thought it'd be someone a lot better than that prick," she groans, rolling over slightly.

Just because I wanted to, I fall back as well and engage in a single conversation with my sister. "Yeah, like maybe Harry Styles or Louis Tomlinson. Now those would be ten times better."

Thea shrugs her shoulders as she grabs one of the stuffed animals I would cuddle on nights I was most lonely and or in need, "Liam or Niall would work just as well."

"I couldn't agree more."

Thea and I erupt into small laughter despite our throbbing heads.

"Alright you two. Time to get your asses out of bed I don't have all day," Gram grunts, leaving Austin to lean against the doorframe.

Thea pushes up off the bed and stands just to stretch. I didn't care what I looked like in front of Austin.

"Alright sleepyhead, time to wake up," Austin sighs, stepping into my room and latching the door behind him gently so it wouldn't be obvious unless you were watching the door the entire time but I wouldn't put that past my grandmother.

Austin takes a few steps towards my bed and I let out a delicate grunt. "Can't we just stay here for a few more minutes?" I ask, raising my eyes up to his as he sits down on my bed right beside me.