Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

He was proud. He hadn't given them any reason for a trust, but, they were all so supportive. He had however, expected a rebuff, rebuke and a disapproving crowd. He was indeed one proud teacher. He knew they so desperately wanted their lives back... He knew they had talent, He knew he was the one to do that but first, he was to pass through the grumpy Principal.

"Noble?" Allie opposed.

"Noble."

"Noble?"

"Noble."

"Noble?"

"That's enough you two.." Maya stopped the unnecessary controversy that was rising. She was starting to feel diplomatic.

"Is that really what's at stake?"

"She started it," He bent his head in submission, like a dog that just got spanked by his master.

"Well, the good thing is, we succeeded, and we get to sing unmonitored."

"Why do I feel so uneasy, about this." Tess spoke up.

"Because you are pessimistic.."

"The last time I checked, you were the pessimistic one....and besides, this is not pessimism. I work with the student government, and I happen to know that the Principal, called Patricia and Jerome for an impromptu board meeting this morning. I don't know about you, but when I see Principal, impromptu, and board meeting, in the same sentence, I know something is definitely up. So I'm saying, we should have a back up plan, should anything go sour.
"She's right." Lyon commented.

"See.." Tess backed up.

"Uhmm.. We will have someone stand at the entrance, and the exit. It would be rotary, so that everyone gets to take turns."

"Awesome." They uniformly agreed.

"I think I can chip in now, I have some spare guitars and some tambourines, we could start off with those."

They hurriedly got one for themselves, rearranging the classroom fittingly, for a jam session. Jason and Owen, stood at the entrance and exit respectively.

So far, so good.

"All's set up... One, two, three!..."

🎶🎸🎵🎤🎧🎶🎸🎵🎤🎧🎶

🎶🎸🎵🎤🎧🎶🎸🎵🎤🎧🎶

"So I called you here, because, the janitor said he heard noise from here, last night. Can you please explain to me why he heard noise from my office last night."

"I have no idea what happened in your office last night." Patricia denied.

"Jerome?" His husky, deep baritone voice, called. He furrowed his brows again.

"I know nothing."

"Hmm.. That's strange and surprising, as the keys to this office, are with the both of you."