Chapter Twenty-Two

"Where are coming from?"

"Ahh! Lis... You scared the nuts out of me, what are you doing in my room?" Maya replied, still holding the window sill, she just jumped in from.

"I couldn't sleep.."

"You should go to your room now, before you wake anyone up..." She said, slowly closing the window, and making way, for a cloth change.

"Where are you coming from?" Lisa asked squinting. Her night dress, was too long, it almost looked like it were her mum's. Maya moved a few steps closer, and heavily placing one hand on her shoulder, she replied.

"Big sis had a lot to do today, and she needs to sleep OK?"

"OK." she lazily replied. Heading towards the door, she took another track, and landed her head on the wall. She must have begun her usual sleep walking. Maya rushed for her, and placed her hand over her head, to prevent further hurt. She led her into her room, and tucked her in. Then switching the lights off, tip toed towards hers. The moonlight, that reflected so brightly while at school, still shone there. Like it followed her. She couldn't help but notice, she also noticed, the crickets were stridulating.

As she turned her door handle, the adenoidal voice of her mum, stopped her dead in motion.

"Where were you?"

Darn it!

"Mum, I can explain. So I snuck into school, and hacked into the Principal's computer, so that our teacher, can finally bring back music." She spoke so fast, so fast that she only took another breath, after she had finished narrating..

"I'm sorry," she concluded.

"Yeah... I think you need to get some sleep, you know what they say, insomnia is a very bad thing... You say all sorts of things and don't even realize what you are saying.." She released an earsplitting laughter.

"Mum, I just told you what happened."

"That you broke into school? Too much movies... Its totally dealing with you... Go to bed and never pass your curfew, ever!"

Phew!

"Yes Mum,"

Dear Diary...you would not beliiiiieeeeeevvvvvvveeeeee the day I had.

"....so I was able to convince Scott, and we went into the Principal's office, and did what we had to do." She stopped, and images of the night before, lingered through.

"Although, at first, it was hard to convince him, that our substitute history teacher, was just a fraud in suit."

"Rock and Roll, is a noble profession." Mr. Drey countered. He wore a white and black checkered shirt, with a black jeans trouser, had his hair roughly combed through, and stood legs slightly ajar. His hands, hugged his elbow so tightly. He was nervous, and excited and the same time. He knew the Principal well enough, to get too excited.