Chapter Twenty-One

"...as recorded by Abraham Lincoln, in his Gettyburg Address,

         Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate — we can not consecrate — we can not hallow — this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us — that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion — that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain — that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom — and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
Abraham Lincoln
November 19, 1863

Drey let out a heavy sigh, then continued.

"Any questions?"

The whole class lifted their hands, in unison.

"Jason.. "

"Did his speech, in any way, indicate his submission, to non violence."

"I guess that's pretty obvious, Next!"

Maya, who sat glued to her chair, and took notes, saw he wouldn't hold up, with the questions that will flood in sooner, gave him a signal with the rolling of her eyes, and slight tilting of her head which was intended, to make him speak up.. After an eye conversational battle, he yielded, and let out another sigh...

"I have something to say," He began, and pulled out the sleeves of his black shirt... Till it left a jagged edge, on his shoulder. He shuffled his neatly combed hair, with the slight movement, of his hands running through them. From beneath his desk, he took out his guitar case that bore the red fiery patterned guitar with the bold designed inscription 'The Spikes.'

The class, was filled with overwhelming disbelief, needless to say, they hadn't expected it.

"I'm not Mr. Andrew Johnson, or Mr. Drey, I'm just simply Drey.. A Rock star."

They were still choked, with the disbelief when he cut their thoughts..

"Yes.. I'm a Rock star... But I can help you through.. We'll help each other. You keep this little piece of me a secret."

"Even if we wanted to help, the Principal, has a standby monitoring camera in all the enclosures of this school, you are going to get busted." Patricia chipped in with a paper attendance, on her right hand. It was pushed about as she spoke, because one part of her, never stopped allowing her, demonstrate with her hands.

"We could uninstall the cameras, so that it's impossible, for the principal, to keep track of what goes on in here." Maya spoke up, her hair packed into two ponytails, that moved freely, at their own accord.

"We tried that last time remember? When we got detention.. It was my idea."

"Right, but I'm talking about hacking into the Principal's system, and completely uninstalling every connection, there is to this class."