Chapter Eleven

"Mr. Drey?" Maya called  resting on one foot, and supporting the other on their dinning chair, which was supposed to be where she'd be taught.

Her mother had excused herself and went to back to work. She had some unfinished business, so she stated.

"Sh shhh."

"Don't shhsh me. I made you a promise, that I'll not tell anyone that you are a fraud..."

"Fraud?..."

"Yep fraud... That's not the point. The point is, you cannot be my tutor. I'm going to fail fail this semester, should that happen."

"We can cooperate and then no-one will need to know anything. You can still make good grades."

"No dice...not buying that. Did you exactly tell my mum that you were a professor?, How incredulous. The last time I checked, you were battling with a degree."

"I went to school."

"Then dropped out?"

"Well... Yeah," He shrugged and pouted.

"You can just leave now, and we will pretend like nothing ever happened or stay back and I'll report you to my parents."

"One week. That's all I ask for. If I'm not good enough, you can kick me out."

He had persuaded her and she had given In.

It's just a week, that's all.

"So, what Test do you have tomorrow anyways?"

"Chemistry," She replied disinterested.

"You know you don't always have to read, to be good In a test."

Coming from you, that should be a theory.

"So what's your Idea?"

"Music!... Who's your favorite artiste?"

"I.. I no longer do music."

"Why not?"

"Well, my grades grew poorer and my karaoke was taken, my headphones and everything relating to music."

"Who said you needed one of those? ... I'll ask again who's your favorite?"

"Demi Lovato."

"Great. You know most of her songs right? Let me hear your favorite?" He said, tuning his guitar. Maya looked up to see the time

4:32pm...

It was unnecessary, but just a way of indicating politely that he was wasting time.

"Stone cold, stone cold
You See Me standing but I'm dying on the floor
Maybe if I don't cry I won't feel anymore..."

"That's enough. Now pick out the elements of chemistry in that song."

Wait what?

"Stone is an element right? "

Are you serious?

"Nope, it's not."

"How about something related? Say Rock."

"It's not. Neither are. "

"Who made this periodic table thing? Charles Darwin?"

"It's Mendeleev I guess,"
She had Now retreated to a seat.

"Is that German?"

"I... don't know."

"Russian?"