The Plan

"Remind me why we're all gathered here right now in the middle of the night?" Rosé yawns as Lisa clings onto her with her eyes half closed while pouting.

"Shh. Be quiet. We wouldn't want anyone hearing us having this meeting." Jennie whispers.

"Can't we discuss this in the morning? I'm too sleepy to think straight right now." Lisa explains while yawning.

"Yah! Be quiet! We must discuss this now because by tomorrow morning, papa will introduce to us or rather reveal to us who we are to be wedded to!" Jisoo half whispers and half yells.

"Ugh. I almost completely forgot about that." Rosé says as she pinches her cheeks to keep her awake. "So what's the plan?"

"I know this is shitty and all but listen. Papa has never been a reckless father to us. He's been understanding and kind, and my point is. Ugh -! Jisoo unnie, can you continue?" Jennie says as she controls herself from crying. Rosé and Lisa looks expectingly at their eldest as she takes a deep breath in.

"What Jennie is trying to say is that...although as it is strikingly painful for all of us. We have to accept our fate and give a go for it." Jisoo dead pan seriously explains to her younger sisters.

"Wait what?!" Rosé and Lisa shouts and both Jisoo and Jennie cover their mouth before they continued to create havoc.

"Shh! Be quiet! Would you?" Jennie says as her eyebrows meet and she glares at the two.

"This is the only time papa has ever asked for us to do something. He has never pressured us in anything else. So think about it this way as a 'thank you' gift for papa" Jisoo continues.

"Are you crazy Sooya?! You're willing to give up your freedom?" Lisa whispers while Jisoo just shrugs her shoulders.

"I reread the contract. And I saw that it isn't as bad as it seems." Jisoo explains. "It is enclosed there that if by chance that any of the parties after consenting to a maximum of two years engagement had settled that no 'love' is blossoming then the contract is to be nullified."

"Omo! Really?" Rosé asks. "So that means we won't have to give up our freedom after all!" She continues as she silently claps her hands together in utter joy.

"Still two years is such a long time." Lisa said as Jennie nods her head in agreement.

"But it's better than being betrothed to someone for a lifetime, right?" Jisoo asks and her sisters think about it for a while before nodding in unison. "I asked papa about this enclosure and he had verified that it is true after contacting the ones he had signed the contract with."

"So what now?" Lisa asks, rubbing her eyes from the sleepiness.

"We go to sleep and be at our best for tomorrows family gathering." Jennie says as she stands up, her sisters following suite.

"All for one?" Jisoo says as she extends her arm forward.

"One for all!" Her sisters respond weakly as they placed their hands over Jisoo's extended arm before hugging each other and departing to each of their respective rooms.