Chapter 42

Sasha's POV

I was getting ready for school. Today is the day. My first game, I'm too ready. I put on my shoes and grabbed my backpack and my bag. I got my stuff and went downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen making breakfast and I dropped my bag and sat down.

"Morning mommy." I said.

She turned around and kissed me.

"Morning." She said.

She gave me a plate and we ate breakfast together.

"Where's Sasha?" I asked.

"She rode with Corde." She said.

I nodded. 

"So you ready for today." She asked.

"Yep." I said nodding. "I'm excited."

"I can tell but Sasha I want you to watch your attitude on the court." She said.

"Ma, I don't have an attitude problem." I said.

She was looking at me.

"Okay, I'll control my attitude." I said.

"Remember that's what they trying to do. They trying to get in your head." Sh said.

I nodded as I chewed.

"Mommy." I said as I wiped my mouth. "Can you take me to school, please."

"You don't want to take the bus?" She asked.

"No, please mommy." I said.

"Okay, lets go." She said.

I finished my breakfast and threw it away. 

"You ready." She asked.

"Yeah." She said.

She got her wallet and keys. We got in the Range Rover and she drove me to school. We finally got there.

"Bye mommy." I said.

She kissed me.

"Bye baby, see you at 3:30." She said.

I got out and went in the school.

Beyoncé's POV

"Shawn are you on your way?" I asked as I drove to Brooks school.

"Yeah, I had to pick up Court and Corey." He said. "I'm on the way to the school now."

"Okay, I'll see you when you get there." I said.

"Alright, bye." He said.

I hung up and pulled up in front of Brook's school. Usually she's out front but I don't see her. I waited for about 5 to 10mins. I picked up my phone to call her and it went to voice mail. I know she didn't send me to no voice mail. I called and she did it again. I put my car in park and went up in that school. I know exactly where her locker is and their she go right there. Is that Corde? Look at her all hugged up with him. 

"Brooklyn Giselle Carter!" I yelled as I walked up to her.

She backed away from him as her eyes got big.

"Hi, Mrs. Carter." Corde said.

"Hi, Corde." I said. 

"Well Brooklyn, I call you later." He said and walked away.

I looked at her and she looked at me.

"Let's go." I said.

She grabbed her back pack and we left out the school. We got in the car and she had a little attitude. I drove off.

"I don't know why you have an attitude." I said. "You better fix your face."

"Why did you have to embarrass me like that?!" She yelled.

"Ain't nobody embarrass you and who the hell you yelling at?" I asked. "Brooklyn, you ain't too old to be beat don't play with me."

She just sulked in the seat next to me. I don't care. I pulled up to the school. I got out and so did Brook.

"Before we go in there you better fix your attitude and be happy." I said.

She put on a fake smile and I rubbed her cheek then I lightly smacked it and smiled.

"Good." I said as I walked in front of her to the gym. "And don't you dare roll your eyes."

I know my child. We walked in the gym and I spotted Shawn, Court, Corey and my mom. We went and sat in the bleachers. 

"What took you so long?" Shawn asked.

"Don't worry about it." I said as I shrugged.

"What's wrong with her?" Corey asked.

"I don't know." I said.

The game was about to start and I saw Kelly, Trey, TJ, Michelle, Genesis and Danny. They came over and sat down. Brooks attitude faded and the game started. My baby was in the starting five. The game started and we watched her play. Shawn said something about her being the point guard. Everybody was cheering her and the team on. Corey and Shawn were yelling at the refs.

One of the girls on the other team pushed Sasha and said something to her. She got up and pushed the girl back. Oh god, that's why I warned her this morning. The ref blew his whistle and the coach called Sasha to sit down and cool off. I told her they would do that to her. The coach finally called her to play again. She crossed over that girl too and scored. In the end they won the game.

She was celebrating with her team and went to change. We waited for her to come back. She came out all smiles. Everybody congratulated her. I hugged her and kissed her forehead.

"I'm proud of you baby." I said.

"Thank you mommy." She said.

She ran over to Shawn.

"Angel you did so good." He said.

"Thank you." She said.

"You just gotta watch that attitude and can't let those other players get to you." He said.

"I know, it just caught me off guard." She said.

He nodded as we left the gym. Once we were outside I looked towards Sasha. 

"So where you wanna eat?" I asked.

"Uhm." She said looking around taking all day.

"Sasha." I said.

"Okay, Olive Garden." She said smiling.

"Good choice." Court and Corey said.

Everyone got in their cars and we went to Olive Garden.

Shawn's POV

After we ate at Olive Garden we got back home and everyone went their separate ways. It's crazy how fast my kids are growing up. It feels like just yesterday I was putting Corey to bed and now I just bought him a Lamborghini. Then Brook had her first date and Sasha playing basketball. Times going too fast now I have another little one coming. God is good. 

"Shawn!" I heard.

I looked and Bey was snapping in my face.

"What?" I said.

"Where did you go because you sure wasn't here." She said as she put left overs in the fridge.

"Just thinking." I said.

"You were thinking about the kids weren't you." She said.

"Yeah." I said.

She came over and leaned her back against my chest as I sat in the seat. I had my hands around her waist resting on her stomach.

"It will be just a matter of time before we have another one running through here." She said.

"I know." I said. "Today was a good day." 

"Yeah it was." She said tilting her head looking at me.

I leaned down and captured her lips with mine. We were having a semi-intense make out.

"Oh my god! Really!" I heard.

I looked up and Brook and Sasha came in the kitchen.

I sighed.

"What?" I said.

"Don't y'all have a room or something?" Brook said.

"Yes we do, but we're in the kitchen." Bey said.

"But we eat here." Sasha said.

"So." I said.

"Gross." She said.

"And you keep thinking that." I said. "What are y'all doing down here anyway?"

"We want some ice cream." Brook said.

"No, Italian food and ice cream." Bey said. "That's not gonna sit well with y'all stomachs."

"Please." They said.

"I don't see the harm." I said.

"Okay, when their stomachs start hurting at three in the morning don't wake me up you deal with it." She said.

"Y'all just eat a little bit." I said.

They smiled and got the ice cream.

***********
I was in dreamland...

"Daddy." I heard someone moan.

"You've got to be kidding me." I thought.

I opened my eyes and saw Sasha.

"What?" I asked.

"My stomach hurts." She said.

I got up and checked her head as we went in the bathroom. She wasn't that warm. Where's the pepto? All of a sudden.

"Sorry daddy." Sasha said.

She threw up right in front of me. I didn't want to look down.

"It's okay." I said. "Do you feel like you have to do it again?"

She shook her head no.

"Go wash your mouth out and lay with mommy." I said.

She went to do that while I changed and cleaned up the bathroom. Bey came in the bathroom smirking grabbing the pepto.

"Don't-"

"I didn't say anything." She said laughing walking out.

I finished cleaning and washing my pajama pants. I got in bed with Bey and Sasha. Bey was rubbing Sasha's back as she slept. She looked at me and I kissed her.

"I was right." She said.

I rolled my eyes and stayed awake with her until she feel asleep then I went to sleep.