Chapter 4

Beyoncé’s POV

I missed Courtney around here. She's been around this family since she was eight so she gets the same treatment as all my children and I'm glad her mom treats my kids the same way. Now I'm sitting in the kitchen with Kelly and Michelle and they still seem a little salty after that game. They need to let that go.

"So what are y'all doing tonight?" I asked them.

"Making dinner just like you, I've got mouths to feed." Kelly said.

Oh yeah, I don't know why I keep forgetting Kelly has a kid and husband. She married Tremaine Nerverson but y'all might know him as Trey Songz. Yeah they started off as friends, ended up dating, TJ popped in there somehow and then they got married. I have truly not seen her happier. TJ is five and he started school today. He goes to the same private school as Brooklyn and Sasha. 

"Oh yeah, what about you Chelle?" I asked.

"I have only one other mouth to feed so I could be making dinner or ordering out." she said.

Michelle has an 11 year old daughter named Genesis and is basically just like Brooklyn. I know Michelle gets frustrated, she gives out more whopping’s then me. When you put those two kids together someone is going to end up crying or something is going to break.

"Don't you need to be heading home then? I know she's about to get off the bus." I said.

"I told her to catch the bus with Brook because I figured I would still be over here." she told me.

"Oh, o.k. But she's gonna be lonely unless she plays with Sasha because Brook is punished." I told her.

"Why? What she do now." Kelly asked.

"She wanted to be sneaky and hard headed and take her iPod to school when I told her no." I said.

"Awe, that sucks. You know she loves her music." Michelle said.

"I don't care, now she'll listen to air for a week. You know she actually really thought hard about giving me hear beats when I asked for it." I said.

"No she didn't." Kelly said laughing.

"Yeah, she did. She tried to speed walk pass me when she came from upstairs. She thought she was slick." I said and they just laughed.

As we were laughing I heard the front door and I knew the youngest were home. Sasha came around the corner first and then the rest followed.

"Hi, mommy." Sasha said.

"How was third grade?" I asked.

"It was ok for the first day but its some girls in that class that I think I gotta show the business." she said.

"Show the what? Who told you that?" I asked trying not to laugh but Kelly and Michelle did.

"Corey said that if anyone messes with me show 'em the business because I'm a Carter." she said proud.

"Baby please don't show anyone the business. If someone is messing with you tell your teacher ok." I told her.

"O.K. I got some stuff for you to fill out." she said pulling the stuff out her backpack. Just regular emergency stuff.

"O.K. Brook how was seventh grade?" I asked her.

"It was ok but just FYI people wore their beats to school." she said.

"Well I'm not their mother I'm yours and you’re not going to school with your beats." I told her.

"Well here's some stuff for you to sign." She said getting her papers out of her backpack.

When she finished handing me her papers she was heading towards the stairs.

"Brooklyn, your dad is in the office waiting." I told her.

"O.K." she said as she started to walk towards the office.

I don't know what it is about the office and Shawn waiting for one of the kids that they get scared. Shawn barely punishes them so he must say something in that office. The only time Shawn has ever punished one of the kids was when I was overseas doing some promotion stuff and he was doing a mini tour in L.A when Corey decided he wanted an indoor pool while the nanny was asleep. When she called Shawn he was on the first plane out. Now I know Shawn probably whopped him but that boy didn't talk to Shawn for like two weeks. He must have thought Shawn would never do that, but if either of us has to leave anything work related because of some foolishness it's an automatic punishment. 

*(A/N Genesis is Keke Palmer)*

"Hey Genesis, how was your first day?" I asked.

"It was good. Mommy I got stuff for you to fill out too." she said turning towards Michelle.

"I will do it when we get home." Michelle said.

"Alright B, I guess we're out." Kelly said.

"O.K well I'll call y'all later." I said as they began to leave.

Michelle and Kelly left, Sasha went upstairs, and Brook is with Shawn, now some peace. As I was throwing some trash in the trash can I heard yelling coming towards me. Oh great my peace is gone. When I turned around it was Corey and Courtney arguing about something. Damn it, why are they coming towards me.

"Auntie, Corey cheated." Courtney said as she hopped on the counter.

"No I didn't she's just mad I won." Corey said.

"O.K first of all Courtney if you don't get your butt of my counter." I said plucking her ear.

"And second, how am I supposed to know who cheated or not. I wasn't there. Now go watch some TV or something." I said.

"Hold on, wait. Corey did you tell Sasha to give people that mess with her the business?" I asked and Courtney laughed.

"Well yeah, dad told BK that." he said.

"Goodbye and if your sister gets in trouble at school for giving somebody the business I'm coming after both of y'all.” I said. Courtney wasn't laughing anymore.

"Wait! What did I do?" she asked.

"You laughed, now get out my kitchen." I told them.

There goes my five minutes of peace ruined. Now I have to start dinner. Looking through these cabinets only one thing to fix, pasta it is.