Chapter 12

Nadakhan stretched his limbs, exhaling. "There we are. So, my prince, what do you have planned for us?" He floated towards Jay, smirking. "Or should I ask the Samurai?"

Nya tightened her grip on her sword. "Why are you calling me that? I'm just a blacksmith!"

"Hm." Nadakhan turned his attention to Nya. "You two claim to be in love, and yet you know nothing about each other."

"What could you possibly be talking about?" Nya frowned. "Jay knows everything about me."

"True. Perhaps it isn't fair of me to expect you to know something, simply it is because of who you are." The sorcerer narrowed his eyes at Jay. "Your prince, on the other hand..."

Jay immediately caught on. "Nadakhan, you barely told me today, and not even an hour ago!"

"Told you what?" Nya asked Jay, taking his hand. Nadakhan watched them with a smirk, allowing them to have a moment to the side. "You can tell me anything. Please."

"Nya, I..." Jay swallowed, stroking her hand. "I'm just like Nadakhan. I'm a sorcerer."

"What?" Nya shook her head, blinking. "That doesn't make any sense, I mean... you don't have any powers!"

"How do you think I escaped the rose?" Jay mumbled, closing his eyes. "I only found out recently, but apparently my mother had magic and my father... killed her."

"... What?" Nya was holding onto his hand tightly now. "Your father?"

Jay nodded. "He was the reason why I took the form of a snake. I mean, it was mostly my fault because I wished to be like him, and Nadakhan has some strange way of twisting your words and making something metaphorical out of them..."

Nadakhan cackled, crossing all four of his arms. "It was a clever trick, I must say. The best one I've done in centuries." He crossed over to Nya once more, eyeing her. "Now for you. Do you really think your precious sorcerer prince broke out of my prison alone?"

"I mean, I know I had something to do with it..." Nya glanced at Jay and back to Nadakhan. "I... figured it was because of our connection and, you know... true love?" She concluded lamely.

Nadakhan stepped back and laughed loudly. "You idiot! You've never seen your own blood!"

"My... blood?" Nya was more confused than insulted. "Of course I've seen my blood; I've cut myself dozens of times at work."

"No, fool." Nadakhan stopped laughing and pointed at her brother. "Your own bloodline. You've never known that your family comes from a long line of ancient warriors? That your own mother had the magical mark of the samurai within her?"

"Seems like everyone and their mothers are some form of a secret magical being." Jay muttered.

Nya shook her head quickly, glancing down at her thumb, pierced from the rose's thorns. "I... I didn't know any of that. My parents died when I was little, but I still remember everything about them; th-they never mentioned anything about warriors."

"For good reason, I suppose." Nadakhan growled, glaring at Jay. "The House of Gordon claimed the lives of millions, all creatures with magic. It only makes sense that your mother would hide like a coward."

Nya pursed her lips in anger. "Don't you dare insult my mother."

Jay stepped towards the sorcerer. "Nadakhan, you have to believe me. I would never repeat the mistakes the king made."

"You call them mistakes." Nadakhan snarled. "I call them sins. Atrocities. He murdered my family and those I cared for, and yet you still stand as his heir. You deserve to die, just as his legacy should!"