Chapter 3

Chapter 3

When Charmaine finished her delicious Shepherd’s pie, she ran like a rocket back into the living room where she picked up the mirror to see what other surprises it would show. And to her astonishment more curly writing appeared, again. It said,” Cinderella what really happened!” It did exactly what it did before!

“One day before the step mother and step sisters moved in to Cinderella and her dad’s house, the step mother didn’t want her daughters to be nice to Cinderella because she thought that Cinderella was more beautiful than them, so she told the fairy god mother to cast a spell on them to make them be mean to Cinderella. The fairy god mother agreed but on one condition, that the only way to make them be nice to her again was for them to wear the glass slippers one day. The step mother didn’t know what the glass slippers were so she agreed. So the spell was cast on them and from then and onwards they were horrible to Cinderella. One day they got an invitation to go to the ball at the prince’s palace and they immediately decided that Cinderella was not going to go.

“But Cinderella’s fairy god mother transformed Cinderella’s rags into a beautiful, silk, blue, sparkling ball gown with glass slippers and of course transformed a pumpkin into a carriage.

She rode in her fancy carriage to the ball. She danced with the prince and had a wonderful time!

“The clock stroke twelve and Cinderella remembered that the fairy god mother had told her that at midnight she should go home but leave her glass slippers in the step mother and step sister’s carriage. So that’s exactly what she did. When the step mother and step sisters got into the carriage, they all spotted the glass slippers at once and at that moment the step mother new that this was what the fairy godmother had been talking about ages ago when she cast the spell on the step sisters. The step mother started to get angry and worried. But then she remembered that the fairy god mother had also said that she had to get Cinderella’s permission to make the slippers fit the step sisters after all the glass slippers were Cinderella’s. So the step mother was laid back.

“The step sisters started wanting to wear the glass slippers so they were trying as hard as they could to squeeze the tiny slippers onto their big feet.

“Back at the cottage Cinderella was raking the leaves in the garden when suddenly the fairy god mother appeared right in front of Cinderella, holding her twinkling wand. She asked Cinderella’s permission and told Cinderella the whole story of what happened. Cinderella was shocked that all these years the step sisters were really, deep inside, kind! Cinderella immediately said yes and with a wave of the fairy god mother’s wand she vanished.

“The fairy godmother hovered next to the step mother and step sister’s carriage and waved to the step mother then she clicked her fingers 3 times, span round once and waved her wand. To their astonishment the glass slippers got bigger and bigger until they were the size of the step sister’s feet. They were amazed and immediately put one on each of there feet.

“The fairy god mother was smiling while she watched the glass slippers glow and light up the entire carriage. Then the slippers vanished! From then on the step sister’s were very nice and kind to Cinderella. Soon after that, Cinderella married the prince!

The step mother was taken to prison for dealing with illegal magic and the fairy god mother stopped by once in a while to visit the girls and help with the chores around the house, with a touch of magic. The End! That was the real Cinderella story!”

            “Wow!” Charmaine gasped. “These real stories are way better than the other ones!”