Although Tsukiko had managed to catch up with her old animal friends, she hadn't had any human contact since she left Fairy Tail. The closest thing to human contact that she did have, was buying from towns, but even then the only words said were the price and a 'Thank you' when she left. With the little human contact that the kitsune had, you would have thought that she might have gone crazy, but this didn't phase her.

Changes were easy to spot on the kitsune, her hair had grown slightly longer and become a shade of duller gold, showing that she was always outside. You could faintly see some scratches and scars from her training. Although there were blatantly obvious changes, there were some that were not so obvious. The way her eyes used to reflect the sun but were just now dull, but no one would know that anyway. The way her personality had changed ever so slightly, she didn't really smile, she had no reason as to why she should, so she just didn't. She became entirely independent and began to dread going out in public, there were stories around the towns stating that there was a magical being who was here to just reek havoc, and of course, she was the magical being. So going out regularly was something like a deathwish which meant getting new clothes and more food was practically impossible.

After a while, Tsukiko started to forget certain things about certain people, but she would never forget the person, but this always happened so it was nothing out of the ordinary. The way that someone would talk with her, or the way that they would hug the girl to make her happy, it was slowly becoming foreign to the girl. But as she started to focus more on her training than everything else around her, so did many things. She forgot how quickly a day could pass by if you were having fun, she forgot how warm a hug could be, having only animals around her. She forgot how some things just never seemed to get boring, or how when she was with friends nothing was too silly or too stupid and almost everything seemed to fit right together like puzzle pieces. Although she was quickly forgetting how civil her past life was, she grew accustomed to her new life, just roaming the wilds and slaying any beast that crossed her path. In her past experience of this situation, she always went somewhere different to join a new guild, but this one had to be different, like the reason why she left. The main reason that she left the past times was that the people around her had changed, or that there was somewhere she had to be. The latter reason being the main one, she had to go in for her tests every couple years, so she left when she had to do them, she was usually gone for longer periods of time, longer than any S-Class mission. To do these tests, she had to a special place, and the time there was a lot different than on Earthland, one day there was at least half a year on Earthland, so being gone for so long would just seem suspicious. So she just left to save explaining herself. This time was different though, as they were bringing the test down to Earthland, which made it doubly different. People were not that stupid to ignore the giant beast terrorizing Earthland, and that would mean that mages would be fighting against things that they could slay, even with the Wizard Saints on their side, it would still be a difficult task, and that's not counting all the destruction that would follow, or all the definite lives lost. The fate of the world really was resting on her shoulders, so she couldn't slack off for even a single second, even if that meant giving up her civility. So she left civilization behind, it was difficult at first, she was so used to the little perks that came with living in a city or town. The way that people would talk to you, or the joy or going shopping. She missed little, mediocre things like cakes and sweets, or the way that you would see happy couples at almost every turn, or the sounds of joyous chattering and laughter all the time, but as she grew a taste for the silent side of life, her temptations decreased until nothing was left. She no longer craved sweet things or the crowded streets of her past lives, but instant wished for the silence that followed her throughout the forests with every step, the strong taste of succulent meats and the exotic flavours of fruits and vegetables that she had found or grew.

As Tsukiko's life travelled on, so did the members of Fairy Tail, Lucy had grown strong enough to help the leader of the Zodiac, and now he was in her care, she had also gone on a couple of missions with Team Natsu. Natsu was still as dense as anything, but his strong will kept him going, Erza was just Erza, stopping fights between Grey and Natsu like nobody's business. Grey was also doing perfectly fine, and not a single one of them knew who Tsukiko was, not a single person knew anything about her. She had fooled them into thinking that all kitsunes had either died or travelled far away, to a place that they could never visit. People did find it weird how sometimes they were expecting something to happen, but nothing did, like they had grown accustomed to someone doing something at that specific time, or when they knew the directions around a place that they had never been before like the back of their hand, but none dare question it, it would make them sound crazy. 

When Tsukiko had made Fairy Tail forget her, she had to keep one member from forgetting or she would have never been able to do it. She let Mavis keep all her memories, and as the First Master already knew pretty much everything about the kitsune, it was kind of understandable. Mavis watched over her guild, under the command of her best friend, she knew how difficult it was for her to leave, so she made sure to tell her monthly updates so she knew that everything was going smoothly. With this news, Tsukiko could rest easy knowing that the family that have long forgotten her were still acting like themselves, even with their memory loss. Although Tsukiko had made it so that they forgot who she was, they wouldn't forget everything. She had made it just so that she disappeared from their memory, so if they were talking to her, they wouldn't be talking to her, but to someone else, or if she was helping them on a mission, it was someone else. She had to remove the part where they had seen her magic though, she was seen them, by everyone and no one had a similar magic to her, so she made them forget that part and just replaced it with Natsu and Grey causing a fight again, this also included when she first transformed into her fox form and let them watch, she blocked this out and made it so that the guild just had a party. At any point of the day where they saw the girl, she had changed places with someone, never being in their sight, nor their memory. The girl was literally just a stranger to them, and she was adamant to keep it like that.