Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"Have you lost it? Do you have any idea, what the Principal could do, should that happen. What if we get caught?"

"What if we don't get caught..
I happen to know a friend, who's good in stalling.. Tess!" Maya said, pronouncing Tess's name in such a way, that it gave the latter a jolt.. Tess hadn't said anything, probably didn't want to say, as she was to busy, digesting the whole event that took place within that last five minutes.. It created an overwhelming sensation.

"There is no way I'm stalling the Principal, are you nuts? Why do I get to have the dirty job?"

"On the contrary, I'm the one with the dirty job, as I will be heading into his office, with whosoever can hack a computer.. Any ideas?"

"Scott is a good hacker, you should go with him." Lyon commented.

Wow what can I say?

"Didn't know you did technical stuff" Maya spoke, after so long a silence, in the Principal's office

"Didn't know you did technical stuff" Maya spoke, after so long a silence, in the Principal's office. They broke in at night, as they couldn't during the day... Maya, lazily ran her hand, through his shelves of awards and suddenly remembered when she resumed, as a newbie.

"Well, there are a ton of other things I can do, I can show you now."

"Stop."

"Stop what?"

"Everything! Stop smiling, stop smirking, stop talking.."

"Why, I'm just supposed to suddenly become mute and h..."

"Yes! For the love of God, Please become mute and hack into that computer so that we can get out, before someone walks in."

"Most girls would have fallen for that joke, guess you aren't most girls after all.."

"What I really want, is for you to be serious and stop all o..of th..that." She said, her words failing. He had a way, of making her heart, go to places it shouldn't.

"I better get to work then.. Ah! This part requires a password.."

"Great.. How on earth, are we supposed to..."

"Done!"

"How did you.."

"Hey

"Hey... I'm not just the Student Body Vice President for nothing,"

"You are amazing."

I can't believe I said that out loud.

"Thank you."

They stood, looking into each other's eyes. Day had fully parted way, for night to take its course. It was far into the night, and the whole room, was bleakly illuminated, by the Moon's light. It was only when Maya's phone beeped with Tess's message blaring on the screen, that they knew how far in the night they had stayed, and how they had ended up holding hands.

It felt like an aura of magic, was within them. Everything, was so magical and perfect, but for Tess's message. They both bounced back into reality after the beep.

"Oh my, I should go now... Just got a text from Tess... and oh! now one from my mum. She's worried sick about my whereabout. I told her I was with Tess, couldn't tell her I was breaking into school it would have sounded absurd. I guess she called Tess and now I'm busted.. Shouldn't have lied." She said slowly detaching herself, from his warm palms, that clung so tightly to hers.

She texted back a reply to Tess, her hands still quivering. A feeling she didn't quite understand.

"Yes... I.. I should go to.. See you tomorrow then."

"Yep... See you too."

"I hear something.. Over here." He said and they slowly bent over behind the cabinet.

The steps behind the door, increased. It was headed for the Principal's Office. It took one gradual step at a time, and Maya felt her heart race a thousand times than its usual speed.

It slightly turned the Principal's door knob, but then suddenly left it and began whistling. It must have been the janitor. They let out a sifh of relief, in unison.

As they waited for the steps to reach a further distance, they let out the breaths that got stuck before. They stood up to exit minutes after, and bumped into each other.

"I'm sorry!" They chorused.

What a weird night, definitely going into my diary..

Author's note: Please bear with the mistakes, as you read. Don't forget to correct, where you deem necessary.

Keep reading, keep voting and keep commenting... 😍😘

#We_rise_by_lifting_others.
#Beautiful_things_begin_simple

Its~a~me

#Cheeahmahkah.

6:17pm.