14. Wrong type of Love.

Start from the beginning

And then She was gone too, and so was his dad, and he felt like everybody was starting to leave his life one way or another. That it was all for some reason his fault, he was the one driving them away or driving them to their doom.

He was even reluctant to stay with Jack in the first place, considering his other older brother Ben had just abandoned them, he didn't want to lose Jack too.

He was glad Jack let him stay, and showed him the support he needed at the time. Even now, when they had fallen out over Michael's wedding invitation, Luke didn't hate him, he could never hate him as he's helped Luke get back on his feet and admittedly, get better.

Jack also was the reason Luke had met Annie, and he was very grateful for that. Yet, he did think he had messed everything up by kissing her that night.

"I don't know how I feel, and I don't think it'd be a good idea if we were... a thing." Annie responded, taking her cup as she thought about ever possibility. Maybe her and Luke would make a happy couple, but then he would have to get a new therapist, which realistically isn't what his mental state needs as he has only really just opened up to Annie.

And after being with Annie in the intimate way one is with there therapist, he won't be able to be like that with anyone else, especially not another therapist, he'd feel like he's cheating.

The other outcome would be that Annie's co-workers find out and she gets fired, maybe even fined for breaking the strict rules of being a therapist.

She let out a sigh, sipping on her drink as she wanted this conversation to end. She couldn't really give Calum much back story, since Luke didn't want people knowing she was his therapist, so she probably sounded like a stuck up girl who thinks she's too good for someone like Luke. Even though she thought Luke was way too good for her.

"I guess when you know you'll know." He shrugged, downing the rest of his drink and grabbing his sandwich, "anyway, it was great seeing you again but I've got to go right now. Oh and I was thinking about texting Nina tonight, d'you think she'll answer?"

"Of course she'll answer, I told her a lot about you." Annie smiled, waving goodbye as he got up to leave the shop. She thought it was rather abrupt but it sounded like he had to be somewhere so she didn't let it bother her.

-

The next day Annie felt so sick to her stomach that she debated on calling in ill to work. She was clueless as to what things with Luke were going to be like now, especially since she had talked to Calum. She decided to play one of her albums in the background, in case there was some awkward silence that would at least be there.

There was a knock on the door at exactly 4:30, Luke's appointment time. Annie sucked in a breath, straightening out her skirt before clicking her way to the door, closing her eyes momentarily before opening it.

Luke smiled, walking into the room and plopping himself on the couch. He was oddly chirpy, and Annie shouldn't of been as surprised as she was but normally he hated their therapy sessions.

"Did you watch searching for you yesterday? Did you see what Kendra did to Joseph?" Luke asked, eyes following Annie as she sat in her chair, shaking her head slightly.

He could tell she was acting differently, he assumed it was because of the kiss and he was right. She hates that she couldn't stop thinking about it, it was just a kiss and as a 24 year old woman who used to party quite frequently, she should know how irrelevant little kisses are.

"I haven't been watching it recently, it started to bore me," she shrugged, placing her hands on her knee and begging to feel normal again. Luke obviously wasn't bothered about that mishap, so why should she be? "Anyway, how have you been?"

Luke huffed out slightly, pouting as he realised this was a therapy session and not a friendly get together. "Fine, I'm getting used to living on my own again, which is kind of hard but Calum sometimes comes over, which is nice of him." He found himself opening up a lot more quickly then what he used to, getting straight to the point and saying what Annie needed to hear.

"You have some lovely friends, Ashton seems very supportive, as does Calum. I rarely got the chance to speak to Michael but I'm sure he's lovely too." She smiled, seeing how Luke's face would light up a little when they talked about his friends. It was quite clear he loved them dearly, and Annie understood that feeling as she felt it towards Nina, who she had been friends with since primary school.

"They're really great. It's crazy how I get to do what I love with the people I love, y'know? Making music with my four brothers, I never expected life to be so generous." He beamed, remembering how lucky he was to have made it in life, the way he did was unbelievable.

"That's wonderful Luke, It's amazing hearing you speak like this, you're friends seem to really be helping you." She grinned, eyes crinkling as she saw his happy smile. "have you-"

Before Annie could finish her next question, which she wasn't actually sure was going to be, her eyes too busy checking her client out, Luke interrupted her by pointing at the window. "It's snowing!" He chuckled like a little kid, his face genuinely lighting up at the sight. "C'mon!"

Luke jumped up from his seat, grabbing Annie's hand and pulling her along behind him. He rushed out of the room, passed Maggie who gave them a confused, slightly judgmental look, then out the door.

"Jesus, it's only snow!" Annie chuckled, rubbing her arms as the icy air whipped at them. Luke laughed with her as he understood how childish he was being, but he didn't care, he was making Annie laugh and that was worth looking stupid for.

"I know but I didn't get to enjoy it last year," he sighed, smiling as snow covered her hair and shoulders. "And snow suits you."

Annie raised an eyebrow, shaking the snow off of her as she spoke, "that doesn't make any sense." No matter how many times she tried to shake the snow it continued to stick to her, contrasting to her almost black hair.

"Sure it does," Luke continued, "it makes you look even prettier, if that's actually possible." His cheeks were tinted red, but Annie couldn't tell if it was him blushing or from the low temperatures.

"You shouldn't be flirting with your therapist." She rolled her eyes, trying so hard to be professional, to not give in to his tricks.

"Out here you're not my therapist," he replied, hand reaching for hers again as he brought her closer.

Annie took a step back hesitantly, regretfully, "we can't Luke, not here, not again." She sighed, shaking her head before looking up to the falling snow.

"Can I not just hold your hand?" He asked, noticing as her fingers started to slip away from his own.

"We should go back inside, we're wasting time." She finished, turning and wondering back into the clinic, relaxing as the wave of heat rushed over her.

I want to start doing songs of the week for some reason so her ya go:

SONG OF THE WEEK
Remind Me To Forget - Kygo, Miguel

This is one of my top songs of the year, love love love it.
Thank you for reading!
Please vote and COMMENT
Lotta love
A x