The 18th prayer

Dear God,

I realized what I'm Afraid of. Well, its more like one of the many things I'm Afraid of, It's a childish Fear. I'm still Afraid of growing up, not like "I'm scared to turn 20!" but I'm afraid that I'll lose my... my... how do I put it? The feeling of wanting to play dress up, and run in the snow, and roll down hills, and believing in magic, and secret giggles at midnight about how we had stayed up so late, and wanting to fly! I am Terrified to Lose my imagination and my childhood self, who reminds me to have fun.

I am scared that I will turn into an old, Grouchy adult who is Lonely and doesn't know how to be excited anymore. And I am afraid of being and even older elder who never remembers anything and makes Terrible jokes, and who teenagers roll their eyes at. I do not want that for myself. I do not want that for the other people who will have to spend time with me, the poor souls.

God, are you Afraid of growing up or are you already a grown up? In my mind you're about my age, with no gender and you don't really control anybody, it's like you're reading a book and yelling at all the characters about how Stupid they all are, "AGGGGGGGH! EVERJOY! STOP BEING SO-SO- SO OBLIVIOUS AND DEPRESSED!!!" is what you're yelling up in heaven and all the angels are just looking at you because you're Crazy. What? Don't give me that look, I'm allowed to Change my mind about what you are anytime I want to.

Love, Everjoy