5 - New Family

So Lucas and Lila have both met their mates. Finally. It took them 20+ years hahaha. Enjoy this new chapter.

This chapter is reallllll long. Sorry about that. I guess it makes up for the shortness of the last chapter.

___________________________________

I sat with Liam around the table, huddled close to him as I looked at his cards. He had a great poker face and I was amused watching him play. He was a skilled player and he knew exactly what he was doing.

Since Lila and her new mate had taken over the entire cabin with their sex and hormones, Liam didn't want to go anywhere near it. Neither did Leon and Cass.

Lucas had been with his new mate, who's name I discovered was Brianna, all afternoon. After reuniting with Bodie and then being introduced to Gwendoline, Ezra caved in and invited everyone over for dinner.

It was Bodie's idea to start gambling. The boys had all grinned like children and then immediately agreed to play. I wasn't a gambler and I had nothing to give away, so I decided not to play.

"I'm all in," Kade said, shoving a heap of cash into the middle of the table. The boys started to show their cards, and Liam smirked when it came to him.

He showed the table his cards and then took all the winnings from the middle. I grinned as I squeezed his leg. He put his arm around my shoulders and leant back in his chair as everyone else at the table groaned and cursed.

"I thought you were supposed to be really good," I said to Ezra. He scowled at me and rolled his eyes. I smirked and Jenny chuckled a little from behind him. She reached over the top of him and placed a cup of coffee in front of him.

Jenny kissed Ezra's cheek and he thanked her for the drink as the game restarted.

"I'd kill for some time alone with you right now," Liam mumbled out as he kissed the top of my head, sighing softly into my hair. I couldn't help but smile at his words. I badly wanted time alone with him too.

But everyone would know what we were up to if him and I disappeared. Ezra and Jenny had already tried to give me the talk. I narrowly avoided it before they could get into it.

"Quo, you're not dealing the cards. You cheat!" Leon hissed out as he snatched the deck of cards from Quo's hands. Quo grunted and crossed his arms.

"Maybe later, when everyone is asleep," I told Liam. He squeezed my shoulders, a way of telling me that he was up for it. I smirked a little more and rested my head on his shoulder.

I heard a knock at the front door, and I jumped up immediately to get to it. I prayed that it was Lila. I had to question her all about her new mate and who he was. She hadn't met him earlier in the day when I'd first seen her, so she must've met him when the transfers arrived. Maybe even earlier.

I buzzed with excitement as I raced to the door. I unlocked it and then tore it open. Surely enough, I saw Lila, a male standing behind her.

She breathed out in relief and relaxed. "Its you, good. I thought it would be Liam. I was ready to have my ass beaten."

I giggled at her and leant against the door frame. I looked behind Lila to her mate, studying him. He was a strong Alpha, I could feel him humming with energy.

He was tall, taller than both Lila and I. He was dark hair, green eyed. He had chiseled features, and I declared that he was quite an attractive male. Lila had scored well.

"This is Charlie. He's a new instructor, and I was supposed to be training with him this morning, but..." Lila explained to me. She trailed off and Charlie chuckled from behind her.